Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say that MR2 means that it won't be Froyo, as the Froyo update will likely be MR3. The last updates to WinMo phones went from WM6.1 to WM6.5 and were labeled as maintenance releases as well, and it would be a similar jump for 2.1 -> 2.2.

mib12890

Nov 18, 2010
twitter.com
the issues with the froyo ota builds are that they brick the phones. maybe this MR build adds the KIES ability which is a work around for the ota bricking?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The same guy that snuck DJ05 out Verizon's Backdoor should have been able to slip the Froyo build out by now too, if it's only a week away from release. I'd bet big time that MR2 is not Froyo.

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Well that screenshot on the front page shows the mr2 under moved. Wouldn't that just be the failed DJ09 update that is now moved back or cancled?

cclark1894

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I really, really, really hope this isn't DL09. I tried it for about a week, hated it and went back to DJ05. It didn't play nice with my phone, random screen off/on's randomly exited out of apps. Just really sucked @$$

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to place a bid on that bridge... I got some prime ocean front acreage in New Mexico that I can place it near!

On a serious note... I'll not believe anything from Samsung/Verizon when it comes to this phone. History shows neither have a clue what the other is doing. :(

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to place a bid on that bridge... I got some prime ocean front acreage in New Mexico that I can place it near!

On a serious note... I'll not believe anything from Samsung/Verizon when it comes to this phone. History shows neither have a clue what the other is doing. :(

YOU GOT IT!!!!! i thought no one got my joke. Well no foyo but someoe thinks im funny. its gonna be a good day after all!!!!

:):D:):D:)

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
YOU GOT IT!!!!! i thought no one got my joke. Well no foyo but someoe thinks im funny. its gonna be a good day after all!!!!

:):D:):D:)

I was going to comment on that last night, but this broke right before i went to bed. Surprised at the minimal blowup overnight about it, was expecting alot more pages besides 3 when i came into work this morning. For those in the Room/Rom boards, I told ya this was going to happen. Every time i finally got around to rooting or cracking a phone, big red put a release out a few days later to spite me. (i know at least hope big brother really isn't watching me with that much care....but it is funny to think about, all these people who got p$^sed and rooted in the new year.) So, even if this isn't froyo, which it "could" be because that was promised and moved, but while we have had some leaks about dj05, i do not recall ever seeing any official big red readings on it being announced. I for one will be happy for about a month just getting some kind of update for my phone. Something to get the damn GPS working the way it is meant to.

Oh and Gunner,I got some prime farming land up in central Greenland i could trade ya for that bridge. :D

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was going to comment on that last night, but this broke right before i went to bed. Surprised at the minimal blowup overnight about it, was expecting alot more pages besides 3 when i came into work this morning. For those in the Room/Rom boards, I told ya this was going to happen. Every time i finally got around to rooting or cracking a phone, big red put a release out a few days later to spite me. (i know at least hope big brother really isn't watching me with that much care....but it is funny to think about, all these people who got p$^sed and rooted in the new year.) So, even if this isn't froyo, which it "could" be because that was promised and moved, but while we have had some leaks about dj05, i do not recall ever seeing any official big red readings on it being announced. I for one will be happy for about a month just getting some kind of update for my phone. Something to get the damn GPS working the way it is meant to.

Oh and Gunner,I got some prime farming land up in central Greenland i could trade ya for that bridge. :D

i am not holding my breath on any update. dj05 fixes the gps, the big annoyance for me is the 3.5 jack on the car dock.

you got a deal on that farm land!!!! anybody know how to get a john deere to greenland? do you think it will float.
:cool: :D

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
i am not holding my breath on any update. dj05 fixes the gps, the big annoyance for me is the 3.5 jack on the car dock.

you got a deal on that farm land!!!! anybody know how to get a john deere to greenland? do you think it will float.
:cool: :D

Float? - I got a plan for ya.. I got some prime time farming going on in this here swamp down in Florida.. Beautiful lay out! The only hang up is there are a few gatters that happen along - but ya just swat em~.

Joking aside. :p I'm happy with DJ05 - Unless MR2 has some major improvements I will likely stick with what is functional.. It would be nice if someone would drop a hint here or there about what MR2 has to offer..

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not convinced its anything big at all. If its a surprise update to gingerbread... then amen. until then, I'm not going to get excited.

drewsellner66

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted fascinate. If/when the time finally comes for the 2.2 update will I need to avoid the OTA update or unroot beforehand does anyone know? I suppose I could wait and see if others have any luck with it. I wasn't sure if it was common knowledge with other devices that you need to be unrooted to accept the OTA update or if I will be able to find the update elsewhere without unrooting.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
In all honesty, the devs will probably have a working 2.2 before there is an OTA, and you can just flash that without having to worry about root. If you apply the OTA you will lose root

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Float? - I got a plan for ya.. I got some prime time farming going on in this here swamp down in Florida.. Beautiful lay out! The only hang up is there are a few gatters that happen along - but ya just swat em~.

Joking aside. :p I'm happy with DJ05 - Unless MR2 has some major improvements I will likely stick with what is functional.. It would be nice if someone would drop a hint here or there about what MR2 has to offer..

lol. what part of fl. im in crestview near destin, hopefully it will right down the raod!!:D

my phone works great with dj05. there things i want that foyo, 3.5 jack on car dock anb hdmi out. my car stereo has bluetooth but my wife's dosent, it has an aux port. if we cant use mine i will be stuck with a piece of crap from steve jobs that my wife has. :mad:

i have no idea why i need an hdmi out on my phone, but my friend has a droid x and it has an hdmi out and he cant have a phone that is better mine. he continuely points out that his has flash and an hdmi out. that is unaccaptable. :mad:

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Not to sound like Nicolas Cage's character in National Treasure, but it sounds like one clue, leads to another clue which leads to another...

• Kies Mini was added to Samsung's support site a couple of days ago...
  • Now there is a possibility of a Maintenance Release for the Fascinate...
  • Which will lead to the ability to actually use Kies
  • Which will lead to the eventual download of Froyo and/or Gingerbread with said Kies

Take that Sherlock Holmes! :D

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I can haz MR2?

2808371015379d252f9.jpg

Seriously though, I'll beleive when I see it.

Reactions: jbr05ki

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
lol. what part of fl. im in crestview near destin, hopefully it will right down the raod!!:D

my phone works great with dj05. there things i want that foyo, 3.5 jack on car dock anb hdmi out. my car stereo has bluetooth but my wife's dosent, it has an aux port. if we cant use mine i will be stuck with a piece of crap from steve jobs that my wife has. :mad:

i have no idea why i need an hdmi out on my phone, but my friend has a droid x and it has an hdmi out and he cant have a phone that is better mine. he continuely points out that his has flash and an hdmi out. that is unaccaptable. :mad:

Hate to burst you bubble Gunner, but unless i missed something, HDMI capabilites were never a part of the SF.... I would be delighted if i am wrong though and just missed a blog post.

Although i completely agree with you on the 3.5 port. I use the desk charger at work and it would need to be able to have it on the stand, watch movies, while everyone else thinks i am working. :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hate to burst you bubble Gunner, but unless i missed something, HDMI capabilites were never a part of the SF.... I would be delighted if i am wrong though and just missed a blog post.

Although i completely agree with you on the 3.5 port. I use the desk charger at work and it would need to be able to have it on the stand, watch movies, while everyone else thinks i am working. :)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/50595-hook-up-fasinate-thru-hdmi.html
:p

i jsut hate steve jobs and his evil elitest apple crap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle