Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

jsimonetti

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Stock fascinate, no root/custom roms. I go into InnoPath Active care, and choose the "Check New" option. I am then greeted with "please wait..." which disappears after a few seconds. Then I get "No New Software Update Available". Not sure why this is happening. If I can get it to work Ill let you guys know.

Guess I should add, when i go to status, it says "Server unavailable". I'm trying to do it over 3g. Not sure whats up.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Stock fascinate, no root/custom roms. I go into InnoPath Active care, and choose the "Check New" option. I am then greeted with "please wait..." which disappears after a few seconds. Then I get "No New Software Update Available". Not sure why this is happening. If I can get it to work Ill let you guys know.

its not working because they have not released it yet, probably tomorrow

Reactions: jsimonetti

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
i want froyo as much as the next guy and yes im also pissed that my phone has not yet seen an update ,but really people??????????you *****ing and crying is gonna get froyo here any sooner

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Why is it taking so long to get this update? And why is the nexus S already running 2.3? It's pretty much the same phone as the fascinate. Samsung is all about selling phones, and then forgetting about their current customers and focusing on the next big thing " nexus S ". I'm sure samsung will blame it all on verizon, and verizon will blame it all on samsung.

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
This is why i'm considering jumping on the Iphone bandwagon when it hits verizon. Apple has control of their products and they work the way they are supposed to.

bobbyworld

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Samsung S was built directly with Google. It's easier to build a new device and put the new software that it was tightly integrated with the hardware configuration.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Why is it taking so long to get this update? And why is the nexus S already running 2.3? It's pretty much the same phone as the fascinate. Samsung is all about selling phones, and then forgetting about their current customers and focusing on the next big thing " nexus S ". I'm sure samsung will blame it all on verizon, and verizon will blame it all on samsung.

The Nexus S is a completely different phone. The biggest difference being it is GSM, versus our CDMA. Most phones in the world are GSM, so more code is written for GSM. That is why it takes longer for CDMA devices to get updated

hanq2000

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
How can I update to DL09 ?

When I try system updates

it just keep saying "No new software update available"

I still have build number DI01

I try both wifi & 3g network.

please help me !! :(

Cayman996#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
@ hanq2000... Just sit and wait till its pushed or download the update from the forum here and follow the instructions to install. I've just acclimated myself to waiting for the magic to happen. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power