Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would say yes you will need to go back to stock. Because most likely it has the same build number so the system will assume you already downloaded it
If i flash DL09 to my phone, do I have to go back original rom in order to get official update from verizon?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

nigelengr

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Tired waiting for VZ here...wondering does adrynalyne's Full DL09 flash wipe all data as Full D101 did? Would like to just get DL09, but don't really want to set up my phone all over again.

neologic311

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, been lurking awhile and really enjoy the work everyone has done to make this phone better than what it is.

I want to go ahead and flash the new update to my phone, however i realized i left my charger with the oem usb cable in california during my trip. I do have other micro usb cables, however all that happens is that the phone charges when connected, no usb detection by the pc. Debugging mode is on so i don't really understand why it's not working.

I either need to use the oem usb cable exclusively, or im doing something wrong, halp.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Tired waiting for VZ here...wondering does adrynalyne's Full DL09 flash wipe all data as Full D101 did? Would like to just get DL09, but don't really want to set up my phone all over again.

you can use titanium back up and restore everything right over DL09 should be the same, its not like you are moving from 2.1 to 2.2

Reactions: nigelengr

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, been lurking awhile and really enjoy the work everyone has done to make this phone better than what it is.

I want to go ahead and flash the new update to my phone, however i realized i left my charger with the oem usb cable in california during my trip. I do have other micro usb cables, however all that happens is that the phone charges when connected, no usb detection by the pc. Debugging mode is on so i don't really understand why it's not working.

I either need to use the oem usb cable exclusively, or im doing something wrong, halp.

Neo welcome to Android Central, Micro USB cables are pretty universal although some are grounded differently but you should be ok.....try going to the Samsung site and downloading the newest set of drivers.... also try this with debugging mode on and plugged in reboot your device when it turns on if it doesnt see it , take it off debugging mode and see if you can mount the sd card.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
well i was hoping they vzw was going to wait tell after 8pm, dont know why i was thinking 8 but i just had a feeling oh well guess that was the wrong feeling maybe i needed to go poop.

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This is my first update with Verizon. I am glad I am going through this before Froyo. At least I now know not to expect anything right away when an update is announced. I won't get so upset during the next circus event.

srobens

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Moving your post to the waiting room. If your wife's phone received this OTA, and it was indeed DL09, I will move this back to the "I got the OTA sticky". Nobody else has received it, so maybe she recieved the update prior to this. If I'm mistaken let me know. You can see her current version in the About screen.
Thanks Corey. It's a shame that Verizon has us so frickin skeptical. Damn VZW!!!!!

GaryA

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

madcow706

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting read

Hope I did the link correctly.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Samsung reportedly delaying T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo update, Vibrant 4G to blame - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com Samsung reportedly delaying T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo update, Vibrant 4G to blame - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com

Samsung reportedly delaying T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo update, Vibrant 4G to blame - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com

I can believe this story. Just speculation, but could Samsung be doing the same thing with their Verizon LTE phone (and just saying, it could be called the Fascinate 4G for all we know, lol) that will be coming out soon? (I believe it was thought to release 1Q 2011?) Not to mention next month, at Mobile world congress, its expected that Samsung will introduce the Galaxy S2 line of phones. Honestly, I am either going to move to a dual core android phone or the next iphone. I don't think I will keep a Samsung phone if they choose to ignore the free Android updates from Google and release these updates for already released phones. (I could understand if the new version of Android wasn't compatible, but the Galaxy S phones should be good for the next 3 to 5 versions of Android.) I need a company that doesn't mind showing some customer appreciation, which everyone seems to do better then Samsung.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Interesting read

Hope I did the link correctly.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Samsung reportedly delaying T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo update, Vibrant 4G to blame - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com Samsung reportedly delaying T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo update, Vibrant 4G to blame - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com

Samsung reportedly delaying T-Mobile Vibrant Froyo update, Vibrant 4G to blame - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com

The problem with this assumption is that it makes absolutely no sense. How many customers even know what version of Android the phone is running, let alone would let that affect which phone they buy? When a customer comes into the store, they will see one phone is 3G and one is 4G. Anything beyond that isn't even worth considering.

nugiene

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ya know if this is true we must do something...personally my butt hurts from this insult. Maybe we can all write or call repeatedly and get these guys attention. Let them know how we feel and stop being victims...just saying.

eman2949

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Installing update as I write

I just dialed *22899, then my phone reset, and manually checked for an update to see that it was finally availabe!!! It downloaded, and is now installing, Hope this helps all those who waited for it!! I'm in Central California, BTW

Dragonblade

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Download Complete. Installing Now. Btw I don't know if it would make a difference but i was plugged in to my Laptop via usb. I rebooted my phone while still plugged in and re-checked once phone was up.. and update was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair