Help!! I'm about to destroy my Fascinate..

torqvaw

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a Fascinate about two weeks ago and I cant take it anymore. I'm hoping somebody can direct me on what to do. I talked to Verizon today and they had me do a reset and it did nothing.

I have three email accounts set up in the stock app. They will ocassionally sync, however most of the time they wont. I can get it to sync manually by opening the app and hitting refresh. This works most of the time, but not always.

The Facebook app is set to notify me and never has, and the Feeds & Updates widget is to refresh every 30 minutes and will not. I have to manually refresh it as well.

The voice dialing most of time won't work, and the phone app itself will ocassionally lock up and not respond.

I've read about a number of issues on the forum similar to mine and am wondering if anybody has any insight on how I can fix them.

HELP! :eek:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a Fascinate about two weeks ago and I cant take it anymore. I'm hoping somebody can direct me on what to do. I talked to Verizon today and they had me do a reset and it did nothing.

I have three email accounts set up in the stock app. They will ocassionally sync, however most of the time they wont. I can get it to sync manually by opening the app and hitting refresh. This works most of the time, but not always.

The Facebook app is set to notify me and never has, and the Feeds & Updates widget is to refresh every 30 minutes and will not. I have to manually refresh it as well.

The voice dialing most of time won't work, and the phone app itself will ocassionally lock up and not respond.

I've read about a number of issues on the forum similar to mine and am wondering if anybody has any insight on how I can fix them.

HELP! :eek:

Try this,,,settings>accounts & Sycn> make sure background data is checked and auto sync is checked,, then at the bottom click each account and see if the mail and what not is synced

torqvaw

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Try this,,,settings>accounts & Sycn> make sure background data is checked and auto sync is checked,, then at the bottom click each account and see if the mail and what not is synced

Just checked..background data and auto sync are checked.

Under Manage accounts my gmail account, and facebook are set to sync. The email accounts i have in the mail app are not listed.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about your other problems.. but I'm pretty sure Facebook notifications doesn't work on 2.1 (which is what we have at the moment). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

Yes and no. We are still able to get the age old Message and Event notifications that we have always been able to. BUT you need to have facebook running in the background to do it. If you "auto task kill" it, *shudder* then it closes and you won't get those updates.

Like ngreen said not sure about anything else but this one thing. Hope it helps