jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
NoLED is a decent alternative to the LED notification found on other devices. Personally I like using BLN control. It can be used to light up your capacitive buttons to light up when you receive a notification. If you have BLN 2.3 you can download the Pro version of BLN control and have the buttons flash or blink. Another program is Blinky which does pretty much the same thing but it can't be found in the market. It can be found on the XDA website and flashed to your phone.

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I use noLED. So far I'm liking it. Its nice that you can even
customize the blips that appear on the screen so you know what you missed. You can even assign different colors and set vibrations too.

Dr. K_Xen

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I used it, but for some reason it was killing my battery so I haven't used it in awhile...they might have fixed it by now tho.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry I was quite annoyed that the phone had no LED. However, NoLED is actually better than a single LED like on my BB because you can set different icons, colors, etc for different things like different email accounts, missed calls, sms, etc so you get much more info from it. I'd go crazy if I didn't have it and had to keep turning the phone on to see if I had a message.

I haven't tried any of the others mentioned here.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can I get a recap of what this noLED is?

since the fascinate doesnt have a LED , when you get a text you will have a bouncing email icon bouncing around your screen,,,or any notification for that matter

Like this
snap20101114_035026.png

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Can I get a recap of what this noLED is?

NoLED is an app that is free in the market that gives you a visual, tactile (vibrate) option when you need an alert function on the phone due to the fact that Samsung did not add an LED to the hardware of the Fascinate..

I really like this application.

It gives me the option to turn on or off differing alerts for: emails, gmails, missed calls, SMS, google talk, calendar alerts and 'other'.. not sure what that one covers. It displays the colored dot or icon (themes) that flashes about the black screen. (yeah like that up there)

The icons that are available can be themed and you can user select the color for each. There is now to have the option to display the time with the notification icon.. The basics are just colored dots that bounce around a black screen.

I have used it since I got the phone (Oct 2010) - Very good app once you get the hang of turning the notifications off.. (also user definable)

Enjoy :rolleyes:

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
NoLED is an app that is free in the market that gives you a visual, tactile (vibrate) option when you need an alert function on the phone due to the fact that Samsung did not add an LED to the hardware of the Fascinate..

I really like this application.

It gives me the option to turn on or off differing alerts for: emails, gmails, missed calls, SMS, google talk, calendar alerts and 'other'.. not sure what that one covers. It displays the colored dot or icon (themes) that flashes about the black screen. (yeah like that up there)

The icons that are available can be themed and you can user select the color for each. There is now to have the option to display the time with the notification icon.. The basics are just colored dots that bounce around a black screen.

I have used it since I got the phone (Oct 2010) - Very good app once you get the hang of turning the notifications off.. (also user definable)

Enjoy :rolleyes:

LED as in, a light on the outside of the phone? so when u get a message you actually know without having to check your fone every 5 seconds. I really hated that about this phone when i switched from my droid 2.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
LED as in, a light on the outside of the phone? so when u get a message you actually know without having to check your fone every 5 seconds. I really hated that about this phone when i switched from my droid 2.

yeah just like the picture i posted above

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
There have been some reports or alleged battery drain with NoLED as well, but in the week or two that I used it I never noticed anything, but something you might want to keep an eye out for.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry I was quite annoyed that the phone had no LED. However, NoLED is actually better than a single LED like on my BB because you can set different icons, colors, etc for different things like different email accounts, missed calls, sms, etc so you get much more info from it. I'd go crazy if I didn't have it and had to keep turning the phone on to see if I had a message.

I haven't tried any of the others mentioned here.

Agreed. I like no led much better than the BB led.

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Cool! Been looking for a no LED solution and the solution was the name of the problem I was trying to find a sloution for.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used it from the beginning but the last update seemed to kill my battery bad. I have pulled my phone from the holster and have it be very warm and the battery noticeably lower.

There were a few reports of this so hopefully this will get fixed.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it for a while now since late November and I have no complaints. I did not notice any issues with the battery.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have used it from the beginning but the last update seemed to kill my battery bad. I have pulled my phone from the holster and have it be very warm and the battery noticeably lower.

There were a few reports of this so hopefully this will get fixed.

I know that the default sleep time for the notification is 'Never'.. Given you never respond to the notification your screen will be running until you attend to it. I had this issue until I changed the notification sleep time to 15 minutes.

If I am away from my phone for longer than 15 minutes - I may be dead and the missed message/call is not worth my time... Or.. so says my wife.;)