Fascinate vs these new CES Phones

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I, if anyone, I would jump ship to Sprint. I have had a bad experience with them, bit it was mainly do to me going through a third party Store. I love being rooted. I wish I hadn't waited so long to do it. It I pretty simple and the guys on this forum are the absolute most helpful bunch of people. I am I'm love with This phone again. However I woukd like to try one of the Ltd phones, im not sure any impressed me and im going to wait and see what Big Red has to say about the new plans.

Ok question: if anyone here were to get one of the LTE phones, with what we have seen up to now, which one would I be??

darkhemingway

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the LG revolution and Bionic are question marks until there's some more information on them, feels safe to assume that the Tbolt will be a slightly quicker Evo. obv not lte but the Atrix is looking pretty neat.

Since i'm not planning to wait much longer for a phone than early February, I'll get the tbolt if the data plan isn't insane, otherwise its the fascinate (can't beat the screen and shape/size. at this time on verizon)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
What I'm curious to see is a more in-depth look at the new Blur and how it stacks up against TouchWiz or Sense, seeing as how up until now Blur was my least favorite.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I really don't like the feel on the Evo at 4.3" and all the LTE phones look bulky. I switched from Sprint because I wanted a light sleek phone like the Fascinate. So from what I cam tell, I'll be using my Fascinate for a long time.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person who thinks any phone above 4'' screen is too big, pointless, and not able to fit in your pocket. I will never buy a 4.3'' any bigger youll have a pocket pc.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only person who thinks any phone above 4'' screen is too big, pointless, and not able to fit in your pocket. I will never buy a 4.3'' any bigger youll have a pocket pc.

Nope not the only one. I think the 4" size is perfect, I'm not a big fan of anything bigger or smaller.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It depends on what you're talking about, but in this case it does. 4" is perfect. But there's another factor that matters, and that's thickness and esthetics. I could probably deal with the 4.3" screen (it really is gorgeous) on the new LTE 4G if the rest of the phone was thin, sleek, shiny black and uses capacitive buttons. Again, I want an LTE Nexus S.

@Kerrigan, it looks exactly like it always has, and it's on an LCD screen.

Hopefully the Droid X guys aren't reading this. I'll getting bombarded with tomatoes :p

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

You're not alone, I too would never buy a phone with a screen larger than 4 inches. I'd actually prefer an even smaller screen, 3.8 - 3.6 or so, or just a smaller overall outer dimension of the phone, but at the time I bought the Fascinate, no other phone stacked up hardware-wise.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That's why I never understood the Streak. the thing is too big for a phone, but too small for a tablet. Whoever came up with that size should have been fired, horrible choice.

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
To be perfectly honest the only phone at CES that has sparked my interest isn't on Verizon. It's the Atrix. But it's definitely not worth switching to AT&T for. I honestly think the Fascinate with Gingerbread will be just as good as the Nexus S.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
To be perfectly honest the only phone at CES that has sparked my interest isn't on Verizon. It's the Atrix. But it's definitely not worth switching to AT&T for. I honestly think the Fascinate with Gingerbread will be just as good as the Nexus S.

Cool phone but not much more than the Bionic and definitely not worth switching carriers.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Depends on if you have a citrix farm to play with or not... having my windows PC and my phone on that device would be fantastic.

If all your apps are published through Citrix and you'd prefer to carry the laptop dock, cables, a desk dock, and take advantage of your phone's LTE connectivity vs a laptop with aircard/WiFi connectivity; I'll definitely give you that.

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If all your apps are published through Citrix and you'd prefer to carry the laptop dock, cables, a desk dock, and take advantage of your phone's LTE connectivity vs a laptop with aircard/WiFi connectivity; I'll definitely give you that.

With a VDI environment, the whole desktop is pushed via citrix. There are lots of good reasons for this from a security/manageability perspective. Having a phone that can also act as a mobile thin client is very interesting. Mobile Thin client computing isn't exactly mainstream just yet, but there are use-cases where it absolutely makes sense.

For me, being able to issue field guys a desktop dock for home use, a laptop dock for travel use, and an atrix for both communications (since i'd have to buy them a phone anyway) and as a connection to their windows image which sits in the data-center is very appealing. Add in an ability to remote wipe the device (did the atrix have this built in) and I'm at reasonably low risk from a data loss perspective compared to a traditional fat client + smartphone setup.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
droid bionic and htc thunderbolt are both equally sweet! but bionic is dual core ( only 512mb of ram though) i think i would be happy with this samsung if i could get it to work right and update to 2.2!!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
One thing to remember is that the dual core functionality is useless until theirs an OS release that supports/is able to take advantage of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781