01-10-2011 07:45 PM
62 123
tools
    That's why I never understood the Streak. the thing is too big for a phone, but too small for a tablet. Whoever came up with that size should have been fired, horrible choice.
    01-09-2011 03:55 PM
    4.5 inch screen seems too big. I already think the dx is too big at 4.3
    01-09-2011 05:51 PM
    To be perfectly honest the only phone at CES that has sparked my interest isn't on Verizon. It's the Atrix. But it's definitely not worth switching to AT&T for. I honestly think the Fascinate with Gingerbread will be just as good as the Nexus S.
    01-09-2011 06:03 PM
    To be perfectly honest the only phone at CES that has sparked my interest isn't on Verizon. It's the Atrix. But it's definitely not worth switching to AT&T for. I honestly think the Fascinate with Gingerbread will be just as good as the Nexus S.
    Cool phone but not much more than the Bionic and definitely not worth switching carriers.
    01-09-2011 07:28 PM
    Cool phone but not much more than the Bionic and definitely not worth switching carriers.
    +1, yep
    01-09-2011 07:44 PM
    Depends on if you have a citrix farm to play with or not... having my windows PC and my phone on that device would be fantastic.
    01-10-2011 01:51 PM
    Depends on if you have a citrix farm to play with or not... having my windows PC and my phone on that device would be fantastic.
    If all your apps are published through Citrix and you'd prefer to carry the laptop dock, cables, a desk dock, and take advantage of your phone's LTE connectivity vs a laptop with aircard/WiFi connectivity; I'll definitely give you that.
    01-10-2011 02:30 PM
    If all your apps are published through Citrix and you'd prefer to carry the laptop dock, cables, a desk dock, and take advantage of your phone's LTE connectivity vs a laptop with aircard/WiFi connectivity; I'll definitely give you that.

With a VDI environment, the whole desktop is pushed via citrix. There are lots of good reasons for this from a security/manageability perspective. Having a phone that can also act as a mobile thin client is very interesting. Mobile Thin client computing isn't exactly mainstream just yet, but there are use-cases where it absolutely makes sense.

For me, being able to issue field guys a desktop dock for home use, a laptop dock for travel use, and an atrix for both communications (since i'd have to buy them a phone anyway) and as a connection to their windows image which sits in the data-center is very appealing. Add in an ability to remote wipe the device (did the atrix have this built in) and I'm at reasonably low risk from a data loss perspective compared to a traditional fat client + smartphone setup.
    01-10-2011 02:59 PM
    droid bionic and htc thunderbolt are both equally sweet! but bionic is dual core ( only 512mb of ram though) i think i would be happy with this samsung if i could get it to work right and update to 2.2!!
    01-10-2011 03:34 PM
    One thing to remember is that the dual core functionality is useless until theirs an OS release that supports/is able to take advantage of it.
    01-10-2011 04:10 PM
    ok i think i solved my problem - sign a 1 year contract, get the fascinate, sell it in ten months, and get something with lte,

or, get a used droid 1 for a hundred, sign a 2 year contract and save the upgrade, and get something with lte over the summer.

(because im poor, you know, and i cant just get new phones whenever i want)
    01-10-2011 04:40 PM
    ok i think i solved my problem - sign a 1 year contract, get the fascinate, sell it in ten months, and get something with lte,

or, get a used droid 1 for a hundred, sign a 2 year contract and save the upgrade, and get something with lte over the summer.

(because im poor, you know, and i cant just get new phones whenever i want)
    This is pretty much what I did. I will never sign a 2 year contract again.
    01-10-2011 07:45 PM
62 123