How do I get Google Search instead of Bing?

Does anyone have issues with the weather bug underneath the clock? Whenever I want to refresh it says there's a connection error.

Do I need to root or get lag fix? O That ADW thing?

THanks
    01-11-2011 06:43 AM
    Follow this thread Bing is dead
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...bing-dead.html

as far as the weatherbug thing , i would just trash it and get either beautiful widgets or fancy widgets they work and look much better.

Lag fix, yes you will need to be rooted, you could also do full custom operating systems that will make lag disappear and make it run how you think it should run.......by any chance are you running a task killer?

Launcher pro and ADW do not need root... my personal favorite is launcher pro.

welcome to the forums by the way
    01-11-2011 06:53 AM
    Hi, Schec33.
    First off, Let me say welcome to the forums.

There should be an option for you to change that I believe. where exactly - I'm not quite sure. Or maybe that's the default search engine for your device.

For your second problem... That happens a lot - I believe its bug related I'm having the same problem on my Evo. I don't pay it any mind. You can do either one of these two troubleshooting. (1) Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Weather and clear Data and Cache. Also, tap on force stop. (2) Tap on the weather and press menu - tap refresh, or tap add/plus sign.. and put in your city or state whichever one is needed.

Good luck.
    01-11-2011 07:06 AM
    How do I get Google Search instead of Bing?

Does anyone have issues with the weather bug underneath the clock? Whenever I want to refresh it says there's a connection error.

Do I need to root or get lag fix? O That ADW thing?

THanks
    STAY AWAY FROM VOODOO!!!! there are other kernels out there that are much better for the regular folk. voodoo has a very spicefic purpose. once its on there it is a big hassel to get rid of. if you are just starting out and had to ask about being rooted and lag fix then you dont know enough to messs with voodoo. its ok me neither. i made that mistake first starting out and it was a 3 day nightmare. one day one im super smart and super i might try messing around withit again.
    01-11-2011 07:27 AM