Official I got the OTA DL09 update discussion. See Post #2 for problems/solutions!

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the update. I did it the unofficial way but had USB Mounting problems. Went back to DI01. The USB worked! Did the OTA and now the USB mounting does not work. Whaaat???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I got the update. I did it the unofficial way but had USB Mounting problems. Went back to DI01. The USB worked! Did the OTA and now the USB mounting does not work. Whaaat???

Throw it in debug mode and plug in , wait around 3 or 4 mins then try it all again

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
ok this post is for anyone that can give me the best instruction on rooting my phone.im not very computer friendly but i know all about the phone,so directions in english please.lol and also i see people have different "mods" and other stuff ,whats the best stuff to get my phone running its best.thank you to anyone that can help.and i also got the update :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok this post is for anyone that can give me the best instruction on rooting my phone.im not very computer friendly but i know all about the phone,so directions in english please.lol and also i see people have different "mods" and other stuff ,whats the best stuff to get my phone running its best.thank you to anyone that can help.and i also got the update :)

Follow this link to how to root
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/33899-how-root.html

I also flashed back and did OTA
I had this exact problem and letting debug mode install the drivers fixed it

marshall lee

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
5:34 am OTA update in progress. 5:38 installed and rebooting,5:40 reboot complete, finally google earth locks in instantly when loaded compared to 5 to 10 minutes before DL09 install. nice having the back lights on bottom buttons now.

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
and do i use the 32 bit or 64 bit and this root is good for the new dl09 update,and thats all i have to do,what about roms and all that jive.?or is that it?lol sorry ive never rooted.

StormToFascinate

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey what's up everyone. So I got the update and my first impression is that i'm glad to see the gps working a lot faster. The soft key lights staying on longer is a plus but was never really bothered by them turning off before. I did notice, and forgive me if this has been mentioned before, that a HQ button is now present when you watch a youtube vid whereas before you had to press the menu button then selet "watch video in HQ" Anyway the update seems good on my end, now just waiting to get 2.2 someday.

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
After updating, my first impressions are good. GPS locks right away and the ability to view attachments directly from an email (instead of having to download) is awesome. I am looking forward to testing it with calendar invitations, since I have been unable to view the details before DL09.

I am not rooted, so I still have Bing search. Before the update, voice searches usually resulted in an error that it could not connect to the network. I haven't had the error once after the update.

Last edited:

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
another question,the only access i have to a computer is at work.when i plug my phone in it says i dont have sufficent privleges to install a device.does anybody know how to bypass that or disable that.i know i might need password but where do i go to enter it?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
and do i use the 32 bit or 64 bit and this root is good for the new dl09 update,and thats all i have to do,what about roms and all that jive.?or is that it?lol sorry ive never rooted.
Lets move this to the how to root thread

I let it do it's thing but still no mounted drive. After awhile this window pops up:

try some of these drivers
Samsung

Reactions: jbr05ki

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
WAs finally able to get the update this mornin, definately impressed with the gps changes, almost instant lock to maybe acouple seconds. The bottom button stay lit up with the screen. Thats all ive checked out so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21