01-30-2011 02:20 PM
342 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I just got it this morning in savannah, had to rom back to stock really quick lol so I have the vzw dl09 not the backdoor one(even if it is the same).
    01-13-2011 08:43 AM
    Got the update OTA about 1:45am in Western NY.
    Yea for Western, NY. I got it too (Western, NY as well). Buffalo??
    01-13-2011 08:43 AM
    No improvements for me in GPS lock or accuracy while inside. I'm seeing 6 satellites, took 5 minutes to lock. Google maps puts me 3 blocks away from where I am, Verizon Navigator is almost a mile off.

I'll retest when I go outside, but very bummed...
    your first problem is using verizon nav I use google and have no problems, plus how strong is the signal to the sats that helps.
    01-13-2011 08:45 AM
    Southern New Jersey today!!
    01-13-2011 08:45 AM
    I got it this morning at 5:37. It went smooth, no problems. I have a stock phone, running LP+. Big difference in the GPS, works like it should. All in all the phone seems to be quicker and smother. Good update.
    01-13-2011 08:53 AM
    I got the update this morning when I went to Settings>About>System Update.

The update went smoothly and rather quickly. The part where I thought it might've got stuck was when the verizonwireless sign is flashing on the front. It took me like a minute before my phone was actually rebooted completely.

I didn't play around too much with it, but I did notice that the capacitive buttons on the bottom seemed to remain on much longer. I did a quick/dirty GPS test, by navigating to a place that I had saved, but it wouldn't get the lock within 10 - 30 seconds like many have claimed. (Probably because I was inside my house; will have to try again later). Overall, I guess I'm pretty happy that my phone was able to update, unlike my previous one, which would just hang at the "updating modem" part.

As I said before, no big issues, but I will definitely needing to try out the GPS once more.

So after I got the update and my phone rebooted, the update pushed to my phone again. I ignored the update, but was wondering if anyone else had the same situation?

------------Edit-------------

I tested the GPS outside and it locked instantly. That's what I wanted.
    01-13-2011 08:55 AM
    I got mine, Atlanta, GA.
    01-13-2011 08:57 AM
    Should I expect the GPS to work while on the 9th floor of a highrise in downtown Dallas or should it only work while outside and unobstructed?
    01-13-2011 08:59 AM
    This is my first post! I switched from my BB Storm 1 (which I loved) and the Fascinate is my first Android phone. I am getting used to the differences but I miss my BBM.

With that being said, I found this update to go as smoothly as can be! Go Fascinate!! I have little patience so I did a manual check this morning (I have been checking every day since I got the phone not even two days ago) and there it was. All was downloaded, installed and rebooted within 10 minutes and no hiccups. This is AWESOME!

I can report the following in my limited time with this device;

1. The fact that the bottom keys would not remain lit was very annoying and I am SOOO glad they addressed it with this MR.

2. I use Google Maps and they have NEVER pinpointed my house to the exact address, it is usually a couple house numbers off. Now I checked again after the update and it reported my actual house number! AWESOME!

So far I like this phone and now I am just like everyone else and waiting for Froyo or the jump to Gingerbread.

Oh yeah.... I am in Central NJ if that matters.
    01-13-2011 09:00 AM
    Got it in Rochester NY this morning.
    01-13-2011 09:04 AM
    Even though they didn't list it, I was really hoping they would've fixed the reception issue with this MR and it appears they didn't. Mine still fluctuates all crazy, even in the -db screen. Its really irritating. With this phone I run into more bad coverage spots then I did before. Lol
    01-13-2011 09:12 AM
    Oh no...Here we go again. I returned my first Fascinate due to the IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED error. I was never able to update it to DI01, and it was exchanged with the understanding there was a batch of Fascinates that were unable to update. When I got my current phone, DI01 installed flawlessly. I am now rooted, but have all bloatware re-enabled, and guess what? IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED has reared it's ugly head again, and I'm back where I was with my first phone pre-DI01.
    I am having the same issue. does anyone know what to do?
    01-13-2011 09:14 AM
    Question: (did try to search) plugged my updated phone into my PC and now a "Media Sync" is going on. This has never happened before. What is this? Am I happy about this? How do I get to Mass Storage Mode?

* ok, quick settings change and I'm all set - still don't know what media sync mode is ... guess I don't care
    01-13-2011 09:36 AM
    Received the update in NE Florida this A.M. Everything went well - updated both my phone and the wife's. Unlike most I never had the GPS problem before, and it still works great. I really like that the bottom buttons now remain on as long as the display is lit. As to the other improvments I can't comment on because (as is the case with most old geezers) I never knew what was wrong in the first place.
    01-13-2011 09:37 AM
    Same here. Is it because we are ROOTED?
    01-13-2011 09:38 AM
    my download has been at 70% for 30 minutes, is this normal
    01-13-2011 09:47 AM
    "Originally Posted by Zkippy
    Oh no...Here we go again. I returned my first Fascinate due to the IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED error. I was never able to update it to DI01, and it was exchanged with the understanding there was a batch of Fascinates that were unable to update. When I got my current phone, DI01 installed flawlessly. I am now rooted, but have all bloatware re-enabled, and guess what? IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED has reared it's ugly head again, and I'm back where I was with my first phone pre-DI01.
    I am having the same issue. does anyone know what to do?"

Hello,

Go to XDA Forums and under Fascinate there is an Odin file to get you back to DI01. Run ODIN with that file and then try updating. This removes root and puts you back to factory reset.

[ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers
    Cory Streater likes this.
    01-13-2011 09:53 AM
    Updated. Is there a setting for the soft keys? They are super annoying in the dark. Maybe the faq can be updated with an answer? Can the be set to work how they did before our better, never turn on?
    Otherwise everything seems the same. Gps reports faster, but will need time to mess with.
    01-13-2011 09:55 AM
    LOL sounds like people are geting the update. I just ODIN Flashed to DL09 a couple hours ago too.
    Yeah, me too. I was too impatient.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk
    01-13-2011 10:09 AM
    I flashed back to stock (as in no updates). Installed the update. First time starting the GPS and GMaps, locked in under 10 seconds, indoors!
    01-13-2011 10:15 AM
    Does anyone else have the GPS icon showing in the notification bar all the time now?
    01-13-2011 10:19 AM
    I have a new location icon in the notification bar (white diamond with a cross in it). I'm wondering why it's there, and how I can turn it off. What are all the services that this is reliant on. It's not VZW location or GPS as they're both turned off, so what could it be.

Also - I have a stock voicemail icon that keeps showing up after restarts (I've cleared it a couple of times and restarted), however I use gmail voice for my voicemail. Any suggestions?
    01-13-2011 10:21 AM
    I got the update about 7:00am this morning...I've been at work so havent noticed anything new apart from an odd slightly annoying diamond at the top with little lines.
    01-13-2011 10:27 AM
    OK, had to flash using Odin back to stock. Now updating! THIS SUCKS! I have to reinstall everything. I hope the Titanium Backup works.

Brettdacosta:
    That is the Google and VZW Location services.
    01-13-2011 10:38 AM
    I got the update about 7:00am this morning...I've been at work so havent noticed anything new apart from an odd slightly annoying diamond at the top with little lines.
    That's for the GPS. How about the Media Sync connecting, anyone else get that when connecting to your computer? How do I mount and get USB mode now?
    01-13-2011 10:40 AM
342 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD