Official I got the OTA DL09 update discussion. See Post #2 for problems/solutions!

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I had Google location checked. However, after being unchecked, only the waves disappeared, the diamond icon remained. I guess this is just something that comes along with update then? It isn't a big deal, but it was never on my phone before.

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
One more question. Is it good or bad to have google locations checked all the time? I am pretty sure I have always had it checked, but I very rarely use GPS stuff.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it stays its new with this update
Ok, I had Google location checked. However, after being unchecked, only the waves disappeared, the diamond icon remained. I guess this is just something that comes along with update then? It isn't a big deal, but it was never on my phone before.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Stain77

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update! I have been checking for it for since Monday nonstop!

I just tried out the GPS, and what usually took 5+ mins to get a lock was almost instant like 3 seconds! I am a happy camper right now, even though it was not Froyo...

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ok so before i updated i was rooted and debloated. i replaced all the bloatware but left my phone rooted. the update installed fine but when i go to busy box it says im still rooted but when i click install it fails and says: "The application failed, either because your device is not nand unlocked or we were unable to remount. please use logcat at this time, get it from the market"
when i go to about phone it still says 2.1 update 1. but the capacitive buttons are staying lit. i have the new gps. Im confused ha ha.

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ok so before i updated i was rooted and debloated. i replaced all the bloatware but left my phone rooted. the update installed fine but when i go to busy box it says im still rooted but when i click install it fails and says: "The application failed, either because your device is not nand unlocked or we were unable to remount. please use logcat at this time, get it from the market"
when i go to about phone it still says 2.1 update 1. but the capacitive buttons are staying lit. i have the new gps. Im confused ha ha.

What about this?

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ok i figured it out. im not rooted anymore but bing is still of my phone (te he) my search key routes to vlingo :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is not a huge change update. Mostly they fixed up and polished up details.. You sound like your good . Just reroot
ok i figured it out. im not rooted anymore but bing is still of my phone (te he) my search key routes to vlingo :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
yea it just weirded me out that bing still wasnt on my phone after the update. when i hold the search soft key it goes to google still. bing is nowhere to be found in my app screen but its still in my system folder

ajdroid

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I just got the new firmware ....so obviously I'm not rooted anymore the problem is that while rooting using the above method I keep getting an error saying device not found? although as I type this It seems to be working. should I be worried somethings a miss?
nope It wouldn't root ..any suggestions?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I just got the new firmware ....so obviously i'm not rooted anymore the problem is that I keep getting an error saying device not found? although as I type this It seems to be working. should I be worried somethings a miss?

You are seeing this on the phone, or on the computer?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084