Calendar sync issue...constant

vermeire

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My google calendar is syncing every minute. I use gsyncit once a day to update my calendar/contacts/tasks from my Outlook. Other than that I don't check my google calendar on the PC. Any ideas on how to get my phone to stop chewing through battery by syncing constantly the way it has been?? Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention: my calendar syncs whether I have the calendar itself checked, auto sync on of off, and background sync on or off. The grey sync icon next to the calendar check box in Accounts & Sync never goes away. I've got JuiceDefender installed except I think the calendar syncing is basically defeating it's efforts because there is always data being transferred and JD doesn't have a chance to turn off 3G. I thought I had this figured out the other day; I had my google calendar open on my pc for several days and I closed it and then my phone stopped syncing constantly but now it has been doing it again. Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My google calendar is syncing every minute. I use gsyncit once a day to update my calendar/contacts/tasks from my Outlook. Other than that I don't check my google calendar on the PC. Any ideas on how to get my phone to stop chewing through battery by syncing constantly the way it has been?? Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention: my calendar syncs whether I have the calendar itself checked, auto sync on of off, and background sync on or off. The grey sync icon next to the calendar check box in Accounts & Sync never goes away. I've got JuiceDefender installed except I think the calendar syncing is basically defeating it's efforts because there is always data being transferred and JD doesn't have a chance to turn off 3G. I thought I had this figured out the other day; I had my google calendar open on my pc for several days and I closed it and then my phone stopped syncing constantly but now it has been doing it again. Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

there is a settings problem somewhere, i just dont know where. use juice defender, it will keep that from happening.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Go to manage applications.

Find the Calendar.

Clear Data, Clear Cache, Force Close if it is available. If you can force close it. Go into Sync settings and make sure that it is unchecked. Reboot the phone.

Also if you have any google sync programs installed on your pc I would uninstall them.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, vermeire
Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to know that your first post has to be a problem one. Anyway, just as DroidDev has suggested you should clear, data, cache, and also uninstall any updates if available. Sometimes a reboot seems fix those minor glitches in the phone.

Best of luck.

vermeire

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys... Nothing seemed to fix it which is ok cause I just flashed DL09. I've got my phone mostly set back up, just finishing some of the debloating now.

@rushrl: Post count fooled you. I rooted and debinged/bloated the day after I got the phone. I've been playing with kernels lately to see what works best. Thanks.