OTA DL09 Done, Root Done and CWM Done. Need a new Rom!

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I got the OTA DL09 update installed, I successfully rooted that manually and just used Odin to install Clockwork Recovery. I have never flashed a ROM and just did all this for the first time in the last half hour. I don't understand the directions in the STICKY for installing a ROM so maybe someone can help? I want to install a ROM on this badboy that will get rid of all the VZW crap and bloatware for me, I just don't know how to use ROM Manager or Odin for installing a ROM. Thanks for the help!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Easiest route is to go to the market and download "Rom Manager". Then download "Titanium Backup" and run it. You will want to back up all of your applications and the data inside those apps. Then you want to run Rom Manager. Select "Backup Existing ROM" before you do ANYTHING!!! The app is easy to use and the rest is self explanitory. Just make sure you check both boxes when it asks if you want to wipe data and clear cache. If for some reason it doesn't work or you don't care for the rom, you can always boot in recovery and restore the backup...

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I backed up everything yes, but now I don't have the haptic feedback because apparently in my research its found that in DL09 when you flash CWM it keeps the stock DIO1 kernel or something? I need the DL09 kernel but don't know how to flash that either.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Go isntall Rom Manager like was suggested. Within that you can get a kernel that will work for you, plus access to different roms.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When you got DL09 ota that was a rom from vz. Installing one from rom manager is just going to replace it.

The kernel tells the software how to use the hardware. Hence why your vibrate functions wont work if you don't have a kernel that matches your rom. DJ05 kernels should still work with your DL09 rom. jts 12/30 test kernel is for DL09. I have been running it all day without any issues so I would consider it to be stable.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Once i flashed to Dl09 using Odin, i used the Sonofskywalker's Blackhole v3 with the 12/30 Adynalyn's 12/30 kernel and its running amazing on my Fascinate. I also found that the Launcher Pro ran the best with it.... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol