everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i was haveing the problem of my phone showing up as a cd rom when i try and mount the sd card unless i restart the phone while plugged into the pc. well. i flashed the dl09 stock all in one from the sticky, and no more problem!!!! yippie!!!!

thanks adrynalyne

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i was haveing the problem of my phone showing up as a cd rom when i try and mount the sd card unless i restart the phone while plugged into the pc. well. i flashed the dl09 stock all in one from the sticky, and no more problem!!!! yippie!!!!

thanks adrynalyne

not working for everyone bud, but good for you bro

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

thanks adrynalyne

Glad to hear it worked for you too!!!!!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
update: as long as im running the stock dl09 kernel all is good. once i flash adrynalyne 12/30 kernel im back to the same problem. i am gonna try the stock kernel for a bit and see how it goes, but i wont give up the battery life i get with 12/30 so i dont have to restart my phone once or twice a day.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
mine was working again too after an upgrade to DL09. I used the tar.md5 official package.

problem returned when i flashed ardryn's DL09 Clean Rom v3

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
and my clean rom doesnt contain a kernel.

Now you folks see why this is driving me nuts, there is no rhyme or reason to it.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
there are like 547 threads that all releate to the same issue. the phone shows up as a cd rom not as a storage device, and you cant access the card from your computer. i thought it would be useful to have a single thread with details. several of us are working to figure out this problem, it would be helpful if every one having this issue could post exactly when this problem occured. deatail details details

what rom did you have before the problem

did it occur when using an all in one oidin package of some sort.

if so which package.

did it occur after the ota update.

did your update come verizon.

were you rooted.

please be as specific as you can, the more details we can collect the better.

also please post here even if you have posted on another thread, this way we have everything in one place. if some else posts another thread please direct them here.

a temporary solution for this problem: while in debugging mode, plug your phone into you computer and then restart your phone. when your phone comes back up, mount the sd card. that should work until you restart your phone unteathered. then you will have to do it all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbr05ki

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I was DI01 STOCK. Then I went to DL09 through ODIN. A few hours later the OTA got pushed LOL. So I went back to DI01 via ODIN then did the OTA. Now I have this bug.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i was using superdark dj05. flashed using di01 all in one odin package. this is when the problem showed up for me. i used the dl09 all in one stock odin package and the problem wien away. i rooted and flashed 12/30 adrynalyne kernel and it came back.

Last edited:

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Tried to go to DL09 via ODIN. Used your fix gunner. USB Mounting still doesn't work on Mac. Windows works though...

This is a DL09 issue I believe. Mac users gotta go to DI01.

Are there any Mac USB issues with DJ05? That's the only route I haven't traversed.

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So far in my research:

Supposedly it seems if you have USB Debugging ENABLED and you hook the cable up to the phone while it's OFF and you turn it ON it will mount correctly. This has worked for me however it gets very annoying if you do this a lot.

I believe everyone on DL09 is having this issue, maybe a screwup for good ol' VZW?

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I never had any Mac connection issues with Adrynalne's DJ05 or DL09 ODIN releases. However I can't speak for the OTA DL09 update until I get home tomorrow.

Adarg

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
if you have USB Debugging ENABLED and you hook the cable up to the phone while it's OFF and you turn it ON it will mount correctly.
Worked for me, but I turned on Debugging while the phone was still on. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I updated it through the standard OTA. Plugged my phone in, started showin' the CD thing, so I came here. And voila! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: thommm and jbr05ki

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had stock everything, rooted and de-binged. got the OTA. When I plug in the micro USB the media sync starts even though I selected mass storage and ask on connection. I unplugged USB, activated debug mode, plugged USB back in and now the option to mount the SD card is there in the notification dropdown, and it works. No reboot required, still annoying

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me, but I turned on Debugging while the phone was still on. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I updated it through the standard OTA. Plugged my phone in, started showin' the CD thing, so I came here. And voila! :D

Cool that works for Windows! Not for Mac though...