12-27-2011 11:34 AM
233 12345 ...
tools
    now restart your phone, then plug in your phone, mount. tell us what happens.
    It still works, as long as I have it in debug mode. If not in debug mode, the computer acts like I never plugged the phone in,
    01-14-2011 11:53 PM
    I was stock, upgraded to DL09 via OTA straight from Verizon. Still stock, now can't mount. Tried hooking up the cable to my Macbook, shutting the phone down and restarting, that did not work. I cannot get the phone to mount.
    I don't think anyone has got it to work on a Mac yet. There is a thread for Mac users with this issue:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...nt-my-mac.html
    01-14-2011 11:56 PM
    I think we should all flash back to DL09 stock and then flood VZW stores in anger that they broke our devices with their update.
    01-15-2011 03:03 AM
    ummmK....skipping this thread......
    01-15-2011 03:08 AM
    For anyone who want's to remove the samsung drivers and try reinstalling them or perhaps and older version I thought I would do a little write up on how to do that.

1) Start > Control Panel > Programs/Uninstall a Program
    2) Uninstall Samsung Device Drivers
    3) Start > Computer > C:\Program Files > Delete SAMSUNG folder
    4) Start > RUN > type %temp% > delete all files
    5) Restart, then reinstall drivers
    01-15-2011 03:14 AM
    Hello, me again. Perhaps I am just very tired and I am seeing things but I think I found a fix. Plug your phone in without doing anything special so that it comes up as a CD-Rom. Now right-click/properties and disable the drive. Change your phone to from mass storage to media player and plug it back in. It should now come up as installing drivers for Samsung_android and MTP Device. Seems to work for me so far.
    01-15-2011 04:01 AM
    I am not having a problem at all connecting to my PC as a storage device. Before I updated phone was just rooted in order to get rid of adds in the apps and to try tethering. I updated to DL09 from VZW OTA.

After update plugged phone in and got the new devise found box pop up on my PC. The PC did its thing and the media card acted like normal and I was able to mount the card on the phone. This was with debug off.

I then went to root using the one click method posted in the room hack forum by Dirrk. At the first reboot it failed and that is when the media sink showed up. Re-ran and same thing. Ran the one click root again but unplugged the phone during the first reboot and plugged back in when it was doing media card scan and continued with the rooting process. I was able to obtain root.

The only time I seem to have an issue mounting the SD card is when I reboot the phone while plugged in to the PC. This always causes media sink to run. If I just plug the phone in I can mount the SD card and go about my business.
    heisenh#AC likes this.
    01-15-2011 07:56 AM
    Thanks, Verizon.

Media Sync is officially broken by the new DL09 update.

We all found the problem in 2 minutes or less.
    What's going on there? You need a new "quality" control department if you cannot find a problem as obvious as this one.

USB Debugging mode always uses mass storage mode and prevents the use of Media Sync mode.

I can see why it takes Verizon over one year to roll out software that everyone else has working fine. You get involved in things you shouldn't and ruin it for everone.

Thanks again!!!!!!
    01-15-2011 09:38 AM
    It still works, as long as I have it in debug mode. If not in debug mode, the computer acts like I never plugged the phone in,
    thats very interesting.
    01-15-2011 12:27 PM
    While not as simple as before the process on post #27 works for me.
    My phone just got the dl09 and I rooted it through the new CWM recovery process.
    01-15-2011 02:36 PM
    While not as simple as before the process on post #27 works for me.
    My phone just got the dl09 and I rooted it through the new CWM recovery process.
    so far none of these have worked for me.
    01-15-2011 03:02 PM
    Left phone on, turned on debugging and worked once plugged in.
    01-15-2011 03:33 PM
    So I don't know all the techie stuff you guys know (though I appreciate you all in secret haha), but I do know that after the update yesterday my fascinate won't mount to my mac. boo. I spent time - an hour and a half - on the phone with verizon only to be told it was samsung's fault, blah blah. I read through multiple forums, tried all the fixes... to no avail. Still no mount. boo again.

So today I'm on this forum and I even register so I can access this thread. You guys are awesome.

Anyway, being silly, this is what I did. Stupid, I'm sure, but whatever.
    I ran into S-bux today for coffee and thought to myself, "Since I'm next door to verizon, I'll see what they tell me in person." In I go. They fiddled around with my phone and after about 5 minutes decided to just give me a new phone. hmmm...

I haven't had it long... 6 weeks. I don't know how to root stuff, so it wasn't super fancy-extra-special or anything. I do know I like this phone a lot, though. This is my first android experience.

I just want everything to work. I want my phone to mount to my computer. Flash would be nice.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... carry on.
    01-15-2011 05:53 PM
    is there someone on a mac that would be willing to flash back to dj05? i am curious if the problem will persist. it does form me on my pc, but i figure there is little reason to stay on dl09 if dj05 will fix it. if some one is willing please let us know what happens.
    01-15-2011 06:37 PM
    is there someone on a mac that would be willing to flash back to dj05? i am curious if the problem will persist. it does form me on my pc, but i figure there is little reason to stay on dl09 if dj05 will fix it. if some one is willing please let us know what happens.
    It definitely worked fine with DJ05.

For those of you on a PC, please try the following and let me know the result:

1.) Go to Settings > Applications > Development and Disable USB Debugging if it isn't already.

2.) Go to Settings > USB Settings > and select Ask on connection.

3.) Plug phone into computer.

5.) When Windows displays a dialog box asking you if you want to run ToolLauncher-Bootstrap.exe or Open Folder to View files, select the Open Folder option. You should see 4 files listed. Ignore.

6.) On the Fascinate you should have a screen prompting you to Select USB Mode. Choose Mass Storage.

7.) Pull the notification panel down and select USB Connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer.

8.) A popup will display. Choose Mount.

9.) You card should now be mounted and a window should open displaying the contents of your SD card.

If the above still doesn't work, please download and install the USB drivers from Samsungs website and try steps 1-9 again.
    01-15-2011 07:28 PM
    It definitely worked fine with DJ05.

For those of you on a PC, please try the following and let me know the result:

1.) Go to Settings > Applications > Development and Disable USB Debugging if it isn't already.

2.) Go to Settings > USB Settings > and select Ask on connection.

3.) Plug phone into computer.

5.) When Windows displays a dialog box asking you if you want to run ToolLauncher-Bootstrap.exe or Open Folder to View files, select the Open Folder option. You should see 4 files listed. Ignore.

6.) On the Fascinate you should have a screen prompting you to Select USB Mode. Choose Mass Storage.

7.) Pull the notification panel down and select USB Connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer.

9.) You card should now be mounted and a window should open displaying the contents of your SD card.

If the above still doesn't work, please download and install the USB drivers from Samsungs website and try steps 1-9 again.
    nope. no workie.
    01-15-2011 08:29 PM
    Okay - Now try this:

1) Unplug your Fascinate from the computer.
    2) Download and install V CAST Media Manager. During the install process, when you are prompted for "If your phone requires a driver, select it from the list below", do not select anything. Instead click install and let it finish installing.
    2) On Fascinate Go to settings > applications > development and uncheck USB Debugging.
    3) On Fascinate Go to settings > USB settings > and check Mass storage.
    4) Plug Fascinate into PC and run ToolLauncer-Bootstrap.exe
    5) A popup will display in your system tray saying software is available that will help your Atlas (SCH-I500) communicate with your PC. Click Yes. It will now install USB drivers.

To unmount:

1.) Swipe down on the notification panel and select the option to turn off USB storage.
    2.) Press the Turn Off button.
    3.) Unplug Fascinate from your computer.

To remount in the future, plug your Fascinate in to your computer and repeat steps 7-9 above.

Yes this sucks, but it appears to be the only way to do it.
    MsGadget13, Netw3rk and igit30 like this.
    01-15-2011 08:53 PM
    I will give that a try in the morning. The wife will get mad if I don't spend some time with her.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2011 01:04 AM
    Here is what ive found that works for me so far, after digging around on the Verizon forums.

Without USB debugging on and usb mode set as mass storage, plugin to USB and the autorun CD rom asking if you want to install tool bootstrap pops up. Let it sit for about 30-40 seconds and it disappears, then the usb icon on the phone show up and the pull down menu will then show usb connected. Choose mount, wait another 10-15 seconds and it mounts.

Hope this helps others out.

Its really ridiculous that it took almost a week after the update to figure out a simple thing like how to move files back and forth to my F##$%G SD card.
    01-16-2011 02:47 AM
    I am having the mounting issue.

I had a bone stock fascinate before.

Use it on a MAC.

Updated VIA ota to DL09.

Now it does not work. Shows up as a CD Drive, when i click it, it disappears. Then pulls up an error message telling me my device is not recognized. Yet, when i go into disk repair it is clearly there. so...i dunno.

I have since rooted, and heard that freezing the VCAST apps does the trick, so I'll give that a try.
    01-16-2011 09:09 AM
    Thanks much.

Mine is stock using decktop PC (Vista). Did the update asap so far it's been great until trying to connect. After hours of trying, I don't even remember why I wanted it to!

Took several of your combined tips to do the trick and couldn't find them all to "thank".

The "debugging" how-to tip started me on the right path, then put it in choose Mass or Media everytime worked, the other two options didn't. It finally re-downloaded the Verizon drivers that didn't work last night.

Then I Mounted like I used to. That did the trick this time, after HOURS of working with it.

Hope it works next time too. :-)
    01-16-2011 11:00 AM
    I have a windows 7 laptop, I plugged in the Fascinate using my USB cable, and it's working just like it did before the DL09 update. I shifted some music files from computer to phone, and they copied just fine...

...not sure why everyone else is having problems, I downloaded the fascinate driver off of Samsung's site, I think, and it's been working fine ever since.
    01-16-2011 12:17 PM
    I am having the mounting issue.

I had a bone stock fascinate before.

Use it on a MAC.

Updated VIA ota to DL09.

Now it does not work. Shows up as a CD Drive, when i click it, it disappears. Then pulls up an error message telling me my device is not recognized. Yet, when i go into disk repair it is clearly there. so...i dunno.

I have since rooted, and heard that freezing the VCAST apps does the trick, so I'll give that a try.
    Mac users should be following and posting in this thread since PC solutions are different. I don't think freezing V CAST will work, because I actually removed it with no luck, but if it does, please post there
    01-16-2011 01:24 PM
    cory, tried you sugestion. my "cd rom" is just plain unaccessable. it was a no go. i have a warrenty replacement coming tue that is supposed to come with dl09 already. so we will see what happens then.
    01-16-2011 01:57 PM
    I figured out I don't have to be in debug mode to mount the SD drive as normal if I set the USB Settings to Ask on Connect and then right-click eject the Verizon CD drive if it comes up (sometimes it doesn't). Also I have autorun disabled in Windows so I never see this popup some people are mentioning, I imagine you'd just hit cancel on whatever it is.
    01-16-2011 02:06 PM
233 12345 ...