everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so on another computer I downloaded the Samsung 32 bit drivers from the How To Root post. Installed and everything worked great.

I think it's an issue with 64 bit PC and Mac systems (new macs are 64 bit, right).

Another thing... It only took a couple minutes to install these 32 bit drivers, but on my 64 bit Vista system, the 64 bit drivers take forever to install.

Melvil

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
After I updated I was getting the media-sync cd-rom drive nonsense as well. I eventually got it working mostly like normal, although I'm not sure exactly what I did to fix it.

The only problem now is that whenever I plug in, I'm asked if I want to download additional software, and it fires up Internet Explorer to a Verizon webpage. Once I close that stuff, it re-detects how I want it to.

Not the biggest problem, but horribly annoying.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
After I updated I was getting the media-sync cd-rom drive nonsense as well. I eventually got it working mostly like normal, although I'm not sure exactly what I did to fix it.

The only problem now is that whenever I plug in, I'm asked if I want to download additional software, and it fires up Internet Explorer to a Verizon webpage. Once I close that stuff, it re-detects how I want it to.

Not the biggest problem, but horribly annoying.

That's exactly what mine does. But one the "download additional software" dialog goes away, the AutoPlay dialog that allows you to decide what you want to do (open explorer to view files, view pictures, etc.) flashes on the screen and disappears.

I'm giving up and just going with an SD card reader for my computer.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'm not a quitter.

Uninstalled the Samsung drivers. Reinstalled with the September 2010 drivers from their site.

Plugged in the phone. Double clicked on the icon in the System Tray to safety remove hardware.

Found the Sansung device. Clicked on it. Clicked the Properties button. Then the Driver tab, then uninstalled the drivers.

Unplugged the phone. Put it in debug mode. Connected the phone again. It auto-detected and drivers were installed.

Opened up Windows Explored. Double clicked the drive assigned to the phone, and there were my files.

For me, it will only work with debug mode on.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Uninstalled the Samsung drivers. Reinstalled with the September 2010 drivers from their site.

Plugged in the phone. Double clicked on the icon in the System Tray to safety remove hardware.

Found the Sansung device. Clicked on it. Clicked the Properties button. Then the Driver tab, then uninstalled the drivers.

Unplugged the phone. Put it in debug mode. Connected the phone again. It auto-detected and drivers were installed.

Opened up Windows Explored. Double clicked the drive assigned to the phone, and there were my files.

now restart your phone, then plug in your phone, mount. tell us what happens.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so on another computer I downloaded the Samsung 32 bit drivers from the How To Root post. Installed and everything worked great.

I think it's an issue with 64 bit PC and Mac systems (new macs are 64 bit, right).

Another thing... It only took a couple minutes to install these 32 bit drivers, but on my 64 bit Vista system, the 64 bit drivers take forever to install.

i tried mine on a couple of windows 32 bit machines and a linux 32bit. still ahve problem.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Nice job!

About 14 months from now we'll get the official fix (that's how long it will take Verizon to bloat it up), but this is pretty sweet!

DawnGP143

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I was stock, upgraded to DL09 via OTA straight from Verizon. Still stock, now can't mount. Tried hooking up the cable to my Macbook, shutting the phone down and restarting, that did not work. I cannot get the phone to mount.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think we should all flash back to DL09 stock and then flood VZW stores in anger that they broke our devices with their update.

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
How to completly remove Samsung Drivers

For anyone who want's to remove the samsung drivers and try reinstalling them or perhaps and older version I thought I would do a little write up on how to do that.

1) Start > Control Panel > Programs/Uninstall a Program
2) Uninstall Samsung Device Drivers
3) Start > Computer > C:\Program Files > Delete SAMSUNG folder
4) Start > RUN > type %temp% > delete all files
5) Restart, then reinstall drivers

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello, me again. Perhaps I am just very tired and I am seeing things but I think I found a fix. Plug your phone in without doing anything special so that it comes up as a CD-Rom. Now right-click/properties and disable the drive. Change your phone to from mass storage to media player and plug it back in. It should now come up as installing drivers for Samsung_android and MTP Device. Seems to work for me so far.

ew.scott

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I am not having a problem at all connecting to my PC as a storage device. Before I updated phone was just rooted in order to get rid of adds in the apps and to try tethering. I updated to DL09 from VZW OTA.

After update plugged phone in and got the new devise found box pop up on my PC. The PC did it?s thing and the media card acted like normal and I was able to mount the card on the phone. This was with debug off.

I then went to root using the one click method posted in the room hack forum by Dirrk. At the first reboot it failed and that is when the media sink showed up. Re-ran and same thing. Ran the one click root again but unplugged the phone during the first reboot and plugged back in when it was doing media card scan and continued with the rooting process. I was able to obtain root.

The only time I seem to have an issue mounting the SD card is when I reboot the phone while plugged in to the PC. This always causes media sink to run. If I just plug the phone in I can mount the SD card and go about my business.

Reactions: heisenh#AC

fwhitman100

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
MTP Device Not Recognized

Thanks, Verizon.

Media Sync is officially broken by the new DL09 update.

We all found the problem in 2 minutes or less.
What's going on there? You need a new "quality" control department if you cannot find a problem as obvious as this one.

USB Debugging mode always uses mass storage mode and prevents the use of Media Sync mode.

I can see why it takes Verizon over one year to roll out software that everyone else has working fine. You get involved in things you shouldn't and ruin it for everone.

Thanks again!!!!!!

kriscris

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
While not as simple as before the process on post #27 works for me.
My phone just got the dl09 and I rooted it through the new CWM recovery process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy