everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There are fixed kernels in the hacks section, LOL.

Gunner, you are bad. 611, hehe.

lol. i try.

you know what really pathetic(besides my spelling)? you TEST kernels run better than there release kernel. what the heck is that all about. i mean no one here doubts your skill, but you would figure samsung and all thier money could buy a kernel that performed atleast as well as your "release" kernel, not to mention your test kernel. so lets recap. sammy drops big bucks to develope, lets say a kernel for DL09, and it sucks. adrynalyne (and a few others), who get paid in "attaboys", develope kernels, in there spare time, that dont pop on audio play back, have great battery life and increase the overall performance of the phone. am i missing something?

pfink42

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, don't flame me for cross posting but in the Fascinate SD card will not mount on a MAC with DL09 thread there is a hack that works on the Mac.
Its not very elegant but it seems to work. At least it worked for the guy that posted it and me.

mswells

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, so far I've been doing my own investigation.

Stock DH12-DI01 = no issues
DJ05 = start of seeing issues
DL09 = still seeing issues

So far there is no rhyme or reason to what causes it...Ive seen it happen with Odin users, and rom flashers, and kernel flashers, on all versions of roms and kernels, EXCEPT bone stock DI01. Even stock updates cause it, as we have seen here.

Now this Verizon iso is on the DI01 rom, it just does not work. Now when we got the DJ05 leak, we stopped making kernels for DI01, due to the initramfs changes. I have checked the source between DI01 and DL09 kernel, wise, only a handful of files were changed, and they all refer to sound, or battery. So really,a DL09 kernel is very much like a DI01 kernel, code wise.

Thats why I think the problem may lie in the system rom, or the initramfs.

So far my attempts to eradicate the CD ROM iso code in the kernel has been met with resistance. If you remove the code (or infection) from the driver, then the ONLY thing your phone will show up as is a cd rom device...

If you remove the kernel CD ROM drivers from the source, the problem still remains.

So I am still working on it, but I am looking for a needle in the haystack right now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Have you tried to replace the drivers from the CD iso with the drivers from the Samsungs website?

DJKnut

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to run the Verizon Media Manager for the Mac, and discovered that it's written for the Intel machines.. OSX 10.6 and up another miss!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to run the Verizon Media Manager for the Mac, and discovered that it's written for the Intel machines.. OSX 10.6 and up another miss!

get a real computer. also there is a thread for mac users with this problem, they may have some helpful tips that us pc folk dont.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Dj which osx are you running. You might be able to run an older version of parallels desktop and install windows xp. I am assuming you have the older power pc model w/ osx 10.4. If so you might be out of luck on getting this stuff to work.

emptycube

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, this is what I see if I don't follow #58 or #60.

Laptop: Windows 7, 32-bit.
Fascinate: USB debugging off & Mass Storage selected. Flashed DI01 then OTA to DL09.

This pops up:

ddrive.png

This is what I see when I open "My Computer":

disk.png

Notification Panel:

snap20110116_210011.png
Were threads merged or something because post #2 in this thread has a link that sends you to this AC article in which it says to use post #60 of this thread (and provides a link...to page 2 of this thread?). But neither post #58 nor #60 in this thread have any sort of fix/solution to the problem (they're just random posts).

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Putting my phone (rooted) and my wife's phone (stock) in USB debugging solved the issue for us. Once I connect the cable I'm prompted to mount the usb just like before.

xbdx

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Immediately after updating to DL09, I had USB connection issues too. Regardless of the mode... mass or media, I get a virtual cd mount for about 20 seconds. A little annoying with the delay. VCAST Manager was installed last month. I am on Windows 7 64bit.

As autorun is disabled, the bootstrap on the virtual mount did not run.

When in mass storage mode (drive letter)... After the 20 seconds past, the virtual mount disappeared. And it attemped to install the driver for the mass storage. I downloaded the latest from the samsung support site and it worked! (I am pretty sure this is the same driver the comes on the virtual mount as it worked on another 64bit computer).

When in media mode... This is where problems came. After 20 seconds... nothing! The computer did not even recognize a usb device existing. Verified with a usb scanner. The fascinate stayed in a connecting status under the notifications screen.

I tried a number of tests on the 2 different computers with the same results. Everything from basic reinstalling and rebooting to clearing out all vagrant devices from the registry.

In the end, I downloaded the captivate's keis lite software from the samsung support website. The goal was to gain access to the usb drivers included with the tool. Installed... and it worked. Media mode usb!!

This worked on both 64bit computers. At the moment keis is still installed on both computers. At some point I will probably try to remove and clean up the install.

Basic summary.
1. installed latest verizon fasicnate drivers from samsung website.
2. installed captivate keis lite from samsung website.

Good luck.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What is the 'correct' fix? There are a bunch of 'this worked for me' and 'I fixed it' posts but I don't know which is the real deal.

lol. i understand. adrynalyne's kernel is one fix. doing a teatherd restart is a work around. me, i did a warrenty replacement. oh, and of course, dont install dl09, it sucks.

Edit:Adrynalyne release his kernel after i got my warranty phone.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Putting my phone (rooted) and my wife's phone (stock) in USB debugging solved the issue for us. Once I connect the cable I'm prompted to mount the usb just like before.

I wonder if this will work for me, Which one did you plug in first? and was it a one time fix or must it be done everytime?

drunkentiger

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem mounting my fascinate to windows 7 pc
but I can no longer mount to my car!!!
so I called samsung today and they told me to do hard reset
problem still persists

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone is stock, I can mount the SD card with no problems, no Samsung nor Verizon software downloads on my Win 7 and XP computers. However I have tried everything but stand on my head to get it to mount on my wife's Vista 64 bit laptop...no can do.