Never Fear! New update for DL09 will be here one day!

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so most of us who have the DL09 update are experiencing a little problem where our computers (mainly Macs) just dont want to recognize our phones.

This IS a known issue, according to the VZW Tech support agent I spoke to earlier.

It's already being worked on in Samsung's little laboratory.

Hopefully it will be released soon? It would be very nice. But we all know how Samsung is with their OTA updates. :/

Anyway, yeah. Just figured I'd let everyone know.

Reactions: jbr05ki

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What a mess. Before this update it was difficult to get the Fascinate to mount as a USB MSD on my Mac, but after a few tries it would usually work for me.

Now it is impossible. It gets stuck in "Media Sync" mode.

Thanks for the report, but I have zero confidence that this little problem will get fixed anytime soon.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
even if you change the settings to mass storage, does it still jam up?

Yep - what happens is there's a new ISO volume that mounts called Verizon_Mobile that looks like it has some Windows setup executables with software and drivers. That never happened before DL09 update. I don't get the "USB Connected" status bar notification on the Fascinate to mount the MicroSD card to exchange files, and I never see the MicroSD volume at all.

If I turn on USB Debugging, I get the "USB Connected" status bar notification to mount the MicroSD when I connect the phone, but nothing happens when I select it to mount the MSD volume. However, couple of times I have seen the Mac report that the external drive is "not recognizable" after selecting the USB Connected status bar notification and trying to mount the volume.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
workaround

Found this over at vzw and it works, just annoying:

Seems to be related to some new 'Media sync' option.

I did some playing around and the following seemed to let me 'mount'

the phones as before. ( But I dont like it. )

Hoping for some direction from Verizon tech on

a) what is media sync ?

b) how do I turn off permanently If I dont need or want to use it?

Unplug phone from usb cable.

Then on Phone... Menu...Settings..USB settings

Change to ' Ask on connection'.

then press home button.

Plug in USB cable.

When prompted...Press 'Mass storage'.

Now wait...wait..wait. Took about 30 to 45 seconds.

Annunciator bar should have usb symbol. Drag it open.

Press usb connected....Press Mount..

My laptop now recognized the SD card on E drive.

Copy files as usual.

When done...Open Anunciator bar and 'Turn Off' USB storage.

Sometimes when connecting I would see 'Media sync connecting'..press to Cancel. So I'd cancel.

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright... I singer know if this might help buuut, back when I had my durst fascinate I bricked it so I stuff a full flash back to di01 via odin.. after that I couldn't connect it to the computer.. So I did a frantic search for a fix.. The only one that worked was
1: place phone in de bugging and check option for mass storage
2: turn phone off
3: connect phone to computer
4: wait for battery indicator to come on screen (lets you know its charging through route computer) and then turn phone on
5: let the phone and computer do its thing (installing drivers recognizing phone ect.)
6: then when it's all done (media scan finished, computer finished recognizing) mount the sd card
It should recognize ... But I only did that with a win 7 pc.. Not sure about mac.. But it's worth a try.hope it helps some people our there (btw this might have to be done everything you connect the phone... Didn't have to do it for me but it did for others)
All credit goes to xda-developers :)

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I just seem to have bad luck with manufacturers.
My last phone was a Palm Pre from Sprint.
It sucked. Palm kept promising a new update that would give us Palm users Flash support. That never happened. So I switched over to Verizon and got this Fascinate.
Samsung is pretty much doing the same to me this time. Promising updates that would never come.

I swear, I'm going with Motorola next time. I'm never leaving Android, though. The Palm OS sucked. It was so slow and buggy. Android is the bomb.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but the Fascinate is so much sexier :p

Indeed it is. It's a very sexy phone. And I'm staying with it until I get my upgrade in about 16 months. Then I'm gonna go with the newest Droid. My whole family has Droids. And they always come to me to fix their phones. So I pretty much know more about their phones than they do. I should get a phone comparable to theirs. This Fascinate is close, but no dice.

But when I switch over to Moto, I'll still come back to visit you guys!