Exchange email issue after DL09 update

ochness

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just want to start off by saying that I'm new to the Adnroid world, and coming from Windows Mobile 6.5 I am truly loving Android.

I did notice that my corporate email that I recveive via the stock SF email app is now not showing any text in the email after the DL09 update. Now to see any text within the email I have to physically hit the More Message button on the bottom of the email application to see any text in the message. I guess this isn't a huge issue, but more of a pain or annoyance than anything else.

Just wanted to check and see if anyone else is having the same issue. Maybe I will have to try the Touchdown application.

twoof1

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I noticed the same thing after updating yesterday.
For some reason it changes your settings to "Download Message Header" only.
Here's how you can change it:
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Manage Accounts (your exchange account) > Account Settings > Advanced Settings > Email Size

It's buried pretty deep....frustrated the h*ll out of me as well for a while till I found the solution

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that I've received no Exchange email since the update, so I checked and the stock email app was stuck on "Connecting to server". I changed the Email Size under Advanced Settings (in the Account Settings) to Maximum and that fixed it.

This has not been a very good update, at all. For all the time it took to come out, it seems half baked and poorly tested.

*GPS - not really fixed

*Exchange - busted, had to change an obscure parameter to fix it

*Bottom row button backlight behavior - not really fixed, does not come on when side button is pressed to wake up screen

*USB Mass Storage Device mounting on Mac - busted

*Battery life - was bad before, now seems worse

*Early upgrade to February 2011 VZW iPhone - becoming more and more likely. If it had Swype it would almost be a no-brainer.

Jack

ochness

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cory. I will give one of these a shot and see how it does. That is the one (and pretty much only) thing I miss with Windows mobile is the Outlook client.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781