Text messages cutting off

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This started happing after I OTA updated to DL09 yesterday. Whenever I receive a text that needs to be split up into 2 (or more) messages, I never receive the rest of the messages. The first text comes through, and ends with (More...), then nothing else comes through.

Used to work fine until the update. Anyone else??

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll try Handcent and see what happens. These messages are coming from Verizon customers as well. I have a T-Mo WP7 I'll try and see what happens.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so it wasn't that it wasn't delivering all the message. Before the update, if someone sent me a long text if would come in 2 or 3 texts. Now, it just comes in 1 and says (More...) at the bottom. If you click the message it brings up a screen with the whole message in it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised it wasn't doing this before the update for you. If someone on Verizon sent me a message longer than 160 characters, it came in one big message instead of being broken up.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised it wasn't doing this before the update for you. If someone on Verizon sent me a message longer than 160 characters, it came in one big message instead of being broken up.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal was before. Even my son's phone breaks the messages up into 2 or more if > 160. I've always used the stock messenger app too. Oh well, I like it like it is now.