soccerdon1981

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Keep GPS, WIFI and Bluetooth off until you need to use them.

Under sounds and display make sure you have 'automatically detect brightness' selected and power saving mode checked.

I follow these simple steps, and my battery lasts for a good 15 hours, and I'm always on it.

Good luck, I'm sure other people have little tips and tricks they use.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest leaving most settings to default settings. Clear cache, history, and cookies. keep the phone charging while using as much as possible.

Battery life varies and depend on the individual usage.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Having the GPS on won't hurt battery life, because it is only active when an app is using it. The best battery life you will get will come from rooting and debloating, or running a custom ROM. I get almost two days of battery running my setup

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have WiFi at home you want to use that instead of 3G data. I use Auto Wifi Toggle to monitor my wifi connection and turn it on/off. I also suggest rooting your phone and removing the crap Verizon places on your phone. I run a custom rom and kernel that has already been optimized to save battery.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I understand rooting can be a bit scary and if you're not comfortable with it then by all means don't do it, but the forums are a great resource and we have tons of people here who can help you through the process if and/or when you're ready to root.

As for battery life, there's not TOO much you can do without being rooted other than tweak some settings. Don't listen to suggestions telling you to keep GPS and WiFi off when you're not using them -- we've discovered over time that it has essentially zero effect on battery life. Like Kevin said, GPS remains idle when it's not being used and has zero negligible effect on battery performance. If you don't have screen brightness set to auto, I would also recommend doing that as well.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand rooting can be a bit scary and if you're not comfortable with it then by all means don't do it, but the forums are a great resource and we have tons of people here who can help you through the process if and/or when you're ready to root.

As for battery life, there's not TOO much you can do without being rooted other than tweak some settings. Don't listen to suggestions telling you to keep GPS and WiFi off when you're not using them -- we've discovered over time that it has essentially zero effect on battery life. Like Kevin said, GPS remains idle when it's not being used and has zero negligible effect on battery performance. If you don't have screen brightness set to auto, I would also recommend doing that as well.

very true. i have also noticed that app killers do more harm than good. that stuff running in the back ground is gonna run. if you kill them, most of them will just start back up anyway, using processor and battery.

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Come on folks besides rooting how do we get better battery life. The Droid Incredible uses a method called bump charging does that work with the Fascinate?

Reactions: gray#AC

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
@jaybro, how do you use your phone on a normal day? A lot of texting or talking? Games? I do some texting, a lot of web browsing, a couple phone calls, and end up with 60+ % at bedtime. I have GPS and wi-fi on at all time. Screen brightness set to auto.

How is the coverage in your area? Do you get a strong signal in all parts of your house/work? I've seen batteries go dead in 2-3 hours with the phone just sitting there looking for a signal.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
the biggest hogs of battery life since i've had my FASN8 have been the display, and i keep at the lowest manual setting which is plenty bright enough for indoors, and the radio itself. when i'm at home or work the vzw signal is poor so the phone sucks a lot of juice trying to find a better signal.

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
my battery lasts about 4 hours max... rooted, tons of texting and facebook.hardly make calls. gps on and brightness on auto. also i live in houston so i have pleanty signal. i did notice my signal jumps alot when im texting though. even when it switches back and forth between 1x and 3g after a text message.

also does noLED drain the battery?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, noLED will drain the battery, but only when it is displaying notifications (since it is keeping the screen turned on). You can change the settings so that the screen will turn off after a specified amount of time, which will help.

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
What are some typical drainage rates you are seeing? My phone drops about 20% in a 10 hour day without making calls. (2%/hour) That is with everything on except bluetooth. BT will drop it a couple percent more in a day. My phone is basically stock but rooted. I haven't noticed anything different in battery usage through all 3 software revisions. Occasionally I will notice an unusual drop in battery but I think I found that Shopsavy or or weatherbug was looking for a gps location while it was tucked in my desk. When this happens, I would see a sudden drop of 10-20% in an hour or so.

I also get about 25% time without a tower signal which probably hurts my battery.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
What are some typical drainage rates you are seeing? My phone drops about 20% in a 10 hour day without making calls. (2%/hour) That is with everything on except bluetooth. BT will drop it a couple percent more in a day. My phone is basically stock but rooted. I haven't noticed anything different in battery usage through all 3 software revisions. Occasionally I will notice an unusual drop in battery but I think I found that Shopsavy or or weatherbug was looking for a gps location while it was tucked in my desk. When this happens, I would see a sudden drop of 10-20% in an hour or so.

I also get about 25% time without a tower signal which probably hurts my battery.

I'm probably right around the same as you. If I'm not spending much time talking on the phone, but still doing a lot of texting and such, I can get through a fill 12 hours with still about 70% battery left.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i get about a day on it from the time i wake up to the time i goto bed so around 14-20 hours and i think i am a havey user i can never put it down and i always have my GPS on. always on the internet and have alot of services running in the background. does wifi really help the battery life tho

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i get about a day on it from the time i wake up to the time i goto bed so around 14-20 hours and i think i am a havey user i can never put it down and i always have my GPS on. always on the internet and have alot of services running in the background. does wifi really help the battery life tho

Absolutely. WiFi is less demanding on the battery than 3G is, so when you can use WiFi, I definitely recommend taking advantage of it.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. WiFi is less demanding on the battery than 3G is, so when you can use WiFi, I definitely recommend taking advantage of it.

does the auto wifi app help and does it slow done the phone at all running and should it be on even when sleeping and the phone is alseep or just using it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan