DL09 - Still Have GPS Issues

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What app are using while waiting? Is it Google Maps, Google Nav, or some other app. Does the icon continue to blink the entire time?

I've had to exit out of Google Maps and come back in before to get it to work properly. If the icon is solid, the GPS has locked, but it's like Maps isn't reading it.

If you're icon just sits there blinking, then maybe it's a hardware issue. DL09 seems to have worked for more people than not.

All that said, I have noticed it takes a little bit longer when it's dark, dreary, and heavily overcast in Seattle.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What app are using while waiting? Is it Google Maps, Google Nav, or some other app. Does the icon continue to blink the entire time?

I've had to exit out of Google Maps and come back in before to get it to work properly. If the icon is solid, the GPS has locked, but it's like Maps isn't reading it.

If you're icon just sits there blinking, then maybe it's a hardware issue. DL09 seems to have worked for more people than not.

All that said, I have noticed it takes a little bit longer when it's dark, dreary, and heavily overcast in Seattle.

I'm trying to get driving directions in google maps. The arrow in the notification bar is not solid. Its grey. What gives?

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having the same problem, too. Accuracy is also a mess -- VZ Nav, Google Nav, and Maps are all at least 250 feet off.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I was getting crappy gps signals too when I originally flashed to DL09 with the stock kernel and adrynelyn's supah clean .4 ROM. I flashed Adrynelyn's 12/30 kernel for DJ05/DL09 instead and gps locks instantly again.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i had to uninstall and reinstall my kernel on one flash to get my gps to work. but most of time i have to uninstall google maps and reinstall it. i mean almost everytime. it works after the second update. i went back to dj05, thats where im staying until 2.2. i havent seen any advantage of dl09 over dj05. im sick of this stupid update and all the problems it has caused. gps is super accurate, great battery life, phone is fast, no lag, all on dj05.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not having any luck. any assistance will be appreciated. I am unrooted. All 3 gps options checked. trying to use google nav and it just gets stuck on "searching for gps"

very fustrated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463