Tunein Radio shuts down when screen turns off

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

For some reason my Tunein radio shuts down when the screen turns off. I am not using a task manager. I have a Fascinate with the following:

ROM: jt's Superclean DJ05 v0.9
Kernel: Gechnik's StupidFast 12.19

This never happened when I was on DL01. The only thing that I can think of is that the SuperClean ROM has some sort of a built in task killer that shuts apps down when the screen times out.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thank you.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had Tunein for a bit but never used it much so it got the axe. But I can tell you when I did have it I did not have that issue with DJ05 stock and SF 1.54. I don't recall Superclean having anything built into it like that but it sure is possible. Maybe just try reinstalling Tunein to see if it's a bug with that first.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried doing a re-install and still have the same problem. I would hate to switch from my current ROM because besides from this, it works very well for me. :(

JohanX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same setup as you do and Tunein Radio works just fine.

It keeps playing when I turn screen off or switch to other programs (I am listening to it now as I type this)

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried doing a re-install and still have the same problem. I would hate to switch from my current ROM because besides from this, it works very well for me. :(

You may have already but try rebooting your phone. Also, try clearing Dalvik and fixing permissions in CWM.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
do you have an app killer or something running that kills apps whenever your screen goes to sleep? this used to happen to me when I was running supermanager and there was an option in there to kill apps whenever the screen went off.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
You may have already but try rebooting your phone. Also, try clearing Dalvik and fixing permissions in CWM.

Thank you for the suggestions, however I tried all of that and also trying to fix permissions with Boot Manager as well. This is very odd. I have used this app for 3 months with no problem. When the screen times out the app actually closes as if I were using a task killer set on auto to kill when the sceen is activated and when it is turned off.

When I upgraded to DJ05 and my ROM and KERNEL all of a sudden this started happening. Very frustrating.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
WOW! Ok after trying everything that I can think of I tried installing a task killer that I used to have about 2 months ago before the ROM and kernel updates. Advanced Task Manager from INFOLIFE.

After installing it, I loaded Tuneinradio, then opened the TM and added Tunein to the ignore list and now it is working fine. Hmmmm. That is very odd since even when I did have the task manager installed I never had it set to auto kill apps.

Seems like even after a full ODIN flash of DJ05 and then updating the ROM and kernel, this somehow remained active on my phone and was using auto kill.

Well if anyone else comes across this issue, here is the resolution.

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

For some reason my Tunein radio shuts down when the screen turns off. I am not using a task manager. I have a Fascinate with the following:

ROM: jt's Superclean DJ05 v0.9
Kernel: Gechnik's StupidFast 12.19

This never happened when I was on DL01. The only thing that I can think of is that the SuperClean ROM has some sort of a built in task killer that shuts apps down when the screen times out.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thank you.

Do you use a program like Juice Defender?

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Jisley,

You must have been typing while I was adding my comment. I used Advanced Task Killer and I guess it must have remained in use even though it didn't show in the Task Manager. Look at my post above yours. Thank you for the comment though because it would have pointed me in the direction I went which resolved the issue and also my issue with NoLed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta