No Ringer Volume Display

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, earlier I had the issue with the notification of how many hows until the alarm goes off not showing. Reboot fixed that (even though I rebooted numerous times working on the SD Mounting thing).

Here's what is happening now, and I'm wondering if anyone else if having this issue: When on a call and you adjust the volume up/down, you'll get the popup with an In Call Volume bar moving left or right depending on if you are adjusting up or down.

When not on a call, you'll get the yellow bar to indicate the ringer volume.

I don't get either anymore.

Last week I Odin'ed back to DL01, then OTA'ed to DL09. Then rooted, removed the same bloat I did last time.

Can a couple of you check your phones to see if you have this issue?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I know for a fact that my ringer volume bar is working because I had to reapply my hidden menu changes to eliminate the beeping when adjusting it after flashing DL09. I also just got off a call where I did have to adjust the volume and I did notice the bar come up. I'd almost recommend reinstalling your DL09 update since you seem to be having so many little issues with it. You can follow the [How to] Flash Full package DL09 and Stock DI01 via Odin thread to do it that way instead of OTA. It will wipe everything out again so be sure to back up accordingly before doing it.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think I will. I had another post (you responded to) where my alarm notification wasn't showing after being set, and a reboot fixed it. A reboot fixed this issue, but now my alarm notification Toast is not showing again!

I'm going to start over...

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I will. I had another post (you responded to) where my alarm notification wasn't showing after being set, and a reboot fixed it. A reboot fixed this issue, but now my alarm notification Toast is not showing again!

I'm going to start over...

i have so much trouble out of dl09. mostly the pc connection thing, but my phone seems to just run faster on dj05. maybe its just me. i have got a warrant replacement coming so i will see today. i think i will "upgrade" my dl09 phone to dj05. samy and vzw really screwed the pooch on this one.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
i have so much trouble out of dl09. mostly the pc connection thing, but my phone seems to just run faster on dj05. maybe its just me. i have got a warrant replacement coming so i will see today. i think i will "upgrade" my dl09 phone to dj05. samy and vzw really screwed the pooch on this one.

I agree. I think I'm going to go for the warranty replacement too. It will probably be a refurb, but still "New".

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to update this in case someone else has the same issue. Today while looking at my phone, the ringer volume bar came up, and so did the alarm notification Toast. That's great, but it was hours after I either used the volume rocker to adjust the ringer, or set an alarm.

Weird issues being caused by this update.