Updates

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a BB Storm 2 so forgive me if this has been asked or a known problem, but what's up with non-gmail emails and social updates? On the BB (I know its pushed), email was never a problem...after all thats the one claim to fame RIM has. But my Fascinate never receives my yahoo information and their will be 1-20 emails on there from way early in the day. I've noticed the same thing with Facebook...I get no notifications now. I was PM'd and tagged yesterday, nothing.

Ideas-thoughts?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I ended up switching to K-9 Mail for my non-gmail accounts. It ended up being a lot more reliable than the default email app. The Yahoo Mail app would tell me I had new mail, but every time I opened the app, there would be no new messages showing. K-9 Mail has worked flawlessly for yahoo and all my other accounts.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Double check the setting for the account and make sure you're set to retrieve e-mails. The fascinate once in a while suffers from e-mail black outs, but i haven't been able to track down why. Mine cleared it's self up though. Jumped to K9 since so i quit looking.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Google email and exchange direct/OWA are the only two sure-fire email solutions on Android (if you want to stick with the stock apps.) I had rare 'blackouts' with running DI01 (old firmware) but never saw it since switching to either of the new ones. As for facebook, i just think the app isn't integrated like the BB version. Notifications are a HUGE difference between the Android world and BB, and are the one thing I would consider going back to BB for if they had a device in the same form factor as the fascinate. But, I digress. It takes some getting used to but honestly the android notification system is total crap compared to BB.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing with Facebook...I get no notifications now. I was PM'd and tagged yesterday, nothing.

Until we get Froyo Facebook notifications are not going to be pushed to your phone. It is a feature FB finally put into their app about 2 months ago and is only 2.2+ possible. The PM issue though is much like the other apps...there is limited actual push going on with Android, unless you have the app running in the background, (which while he might not use much...it does use battery) you won't get the updates. What i reccomend is setting up an email account specifically for Facebook and syncing it to your phone. I have that in gmail...the only thing the email account is for is to see when i have FB notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital