I want to get a new car stereo for my wife that will play nice with her Fascinate car mount from Verizon. I checked out a bunch of models at Best Buy, and none of them seemed to recognize when I plugged in the car mount via USB.

Does anyone have any advice or experiences of a stereo that worked with the car mount?
    01-18-2011 11:42 AM
    Your best bet is to just use the aux input on the front for the audio. I haven't heard of any with usb support for android.
    ivo likes this.
    01-18-2011 11:45 AM
    Your best bet is to just use the aux input on the front for the audio. I haven't heard of any with usb support for android.
    I have a Sony stereo in my truck that connects through USB, but I don't use the car mount. I did have to install this Automount App. Also, with the latest update there were issues.
    01-18-2011 11:49 AM
    I want to get a new car stereo for my wife that will play nice with her Fascinate car mount from Verizon. I checked out a bunch of models at Best Buy, and none of them seemed to recognize when I plugged in the car mount via USB.

Does anyone have any advice or experiences of a stereo that worked with the car mount?
    i use a sony i got for 120 bucks that has bluetooth. hands free phone and bluetooth audio. sounds great, works great. why bother with the usb. use the car dock to charge the phone and connect with bluetooth.
    joemayne and ivo like this.
    01-18-2011 02:10 PM
    i use a sony i got for 120 bucks that has bluetooth. hands free phone and bluetooth audio. sounds great, works great. why bother with the usb. use the car dock to charge the phone and connect with bluetooth.
    +1 on this
    01-18-2011 02:12 PM
    Thanks, I was curious about the quality of audio through bluetooth.
    01-18-2011 02:15 PM
    Thanks, I was curious about the quality of audio through bluetooth.
    as long as you're using a good kernel the quality is great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-18-2011 03:21 PM
    as long as you're using a good kernel the quality is great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    In every instance that I've been able to compare wired and bluetooth stereo from the same device, the bluetooth's sound quality was noticeably worse. Sounds like a low bitrate MP3 rip of a 128kbps MP3.
    01-18-2011 05:09 PM
    I just installed a Clarion CX609 in my truck and the bluetooth works great with the Fascinate. You will have to play with the audio adjustments in the stereo to make it sound full and not tinny but overall it was worth it to me. And the phone features are nice too !
    01-18-2011 05:14 PM