Bluetooth audio dropouts

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently got a new car stereo with Bluetooth capability, and I've been trying to use Bluetooth audio to listen to the Fascinate in the car.

Playback quality is great, but unfortunately the audio drops out frequently. In general it happens a couple of times a minute, although sometimes it will go several minutes without a glitch. When it happens, the audio cuts out completely, sometimes for a fraction of a second, sometimes for as long as several seconds. Playback doesn't stop, though, so I end up missing bits of whatever I'm listening to.

It doesn't matter what application I'm using; it happens with Winamp, Pandora, and Google Listen.

Here's the interesting bit. With the help of some accomplices, we tried using a Captivate and also an iPhone. The same problem happened with the Captivate, which made me think the car stereo was at fault; but the iPhone played perfectly, with no dropouts at all for minutes on end. So now I'm thinking it's a Galaxy S problem ... but I haven't run across any other reports.

Has anybody else seen Bluetooth audio dropouts like this? Any ideas for fixes or workarounds?

nwa5150

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if the second part was vague. I had the problem on both phones before and after I was rooted. I did not root because of it, I just deal with it. Sorry for the confusion.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
gunnermike53, are you saying that you have seen this problem, and that flashing DJ05 fixed it for you?

that is exactly what im saying. i believe dl09 will address this problem, but i wont put that crap on my phone again. also, if you use set cpu, make sure you have the min set to 200 or above.

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running DL09, so that doesn't fix the problem.

But here's another data point. I just tried again with the phone in airplane mode, and the problem went away. So my theory is that the 3G radio is causing RF interference that's disrupting the Bluetooth signal. My car stereo must just be particularly sensitive to such interference.

I'm not sure how I can fix this, short of replacing the stereo or the phone. Seems like the Bluetooth radio needs a power boost; I wonder if DJ05 would do that. In the meantime, I guess I have to live with airplane mode (which means no Pandora in the car, unless I plug in with a cable).

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Dj05 runs better anyway you will be better off with it in the long run. Are you running set CPU

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted, so no. I've been hesitant to do so without a compelling reason, especially with Froyo on the way (yes, I'm an optimist).

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted, so no. I've been hesitant to do so without a compelling reason, especially with Froyo on the way (yes, I'm an optimist).

hows this for a reason. your bluetooth will work. with some debloating or a new rom your phone will much faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23