OK so, whenever I use swype I inevitably have a word that is wrong and whenever I select the right word, it gives me the "TIPS: you've selected a word that was addded to the dictionary, to remove this word... blahblahblah."

I cannot seem to make this tip STOP appearing. WORSE if I am in FB chat it KICKS me out of the chat and then I have to start the conversation over.

Can someone help?
    01-20-2011 06:37 PM
    OK so, whenever I use swype I inevitably have a word that is wrong and whenever I select the right word, it gives me the "TIPS: you've selected a word that was addded to the dictionary, to remove this word... blahblahblah."

I cannot seem to make this tip STOP appearing. WORSE if I am in FB chat it KICKS me out of the chat and then I have to start the conversation over.

Can someone help?
    I researched this back before Christmas, and it's reported on the Swype Forums as a known bug, which, by their own admittance, is not high on the priority list.

As I read through that Thread.. Here's the final thoughts on this bug..
    01-20-2011 06:58 PM
    Check in settings to see if there is an option to disable that feature.

Note : You can always choose another keyboard from the market.
    01-20-2011 06:58 PM
    Not sure if the update had anything to do with it, but my Swype was fine before I updated. Coincidence?
    01-20-2011 07:15 PM
    Not sure if the update had anything to do with it, but my Swype was fine before I updated. Coincidence?
    dl09 is a world wide conspiracy by steve jobs to destroy all open source data, starting with swype. but seriously, i have found dj05 much more reliable.
    01-20-2011 07:26 PM
    My Swype was doing it to me since I first started using it back when I first got my Fascinate, probably because I kept typing in Japanese phrases. I just got used to being more careful about where I slid my finger and went out of my way to delete the non-existent words that got mixed into the dictionary somehow.

Really wish they'd let us turn it off, though. Disabling the tips notification in the menu does absolutely nothing worthwhile.
    01-20-2011 07:32 PM
    I finally gave up on swype as it just putting in completely wrong words. Its great for showing off to iPhone users and the like, but I didn't find it all that reliable unless I really slowed down. Of course I'm having the same problem with the regular keyboard now too. This is one of the areas that my Blackberry really shines. Too bad that was about the only area...
    01-20-2011 11:48 PM
    I loved swype! until the gingerbread keyboard came out as a stand alone app. The greatest keyboard ever. The predictions are usually spot on and typing is a lot easier. I love the switch of language too. All you do is swype the keyboard and voila, English and whatever other language you want! I text my mom is Spanish so it works really well!
    01-21-2011 12:47 AM
    @willenium_1217 I thought you had to have 2.2 to use the gingerbread keyboard. please explain how you are using it?
    01-21-2011 11:23 AM
    I am now having this same problem and it started after I installed DL09. There is a setting to turn off tips which I turned off the first day, but it had no effect. I often get the "hidden word" window and I agree it's very annoying and I wish I could turn it off.

Still an addicted swyper, but they need to fix this.
    01-21-2011 12:32 PM
    Jack,

Gingerbread keyboard was available from a link on here a while back. I've got it on my stock Fascinate. It's great but not as good as SwiftKey.
    01-21-2011 12:48 PM
    @willenium_1217 I thought you had to have 2.2 to use the gingerbread keyboard. please explain how you are using it?
    Search xda developers for, "Renamed Gingerbread Keyboard " and install gbkb-en.apk "English Only" I just downloaded it and it works pretty good. I'm unrooted. Facinate 2.1
    01-22-2011 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD