Has verizon ever actually said anything about updating the Fascinate to Froyo?

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've read the hundreds of pages of Froyo complaints regarding the Fascinate, and what keeps popping into my head is this: Maybe Verizon will dump Froyo on the fascinate once it has the iPhone released, and maybe the Fascinates successor as well. Why make a phone sweet days before you are trying to make a big push in sales on new items (iphone and 4g phones). If weeks pass after one of these two events have transpired and we STILL don't have Froyo for the Fascinate...then I'll start worrying. Again, the phone has been out for about 5 months....chill.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. Verizon was the guilty party in giving pretty specific time frames ("By the end of 2010"). I understand things happen, but the worst part of it was when they missed that deadline, they kept quiet and haven't said a word since.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad there is finally a leak out there which means froyo is more of a reality now. now how long it will actually take for us to get froyo officially... who knows?

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I still must be missing something here. Best Buy and the two Verizon stores i deal with in my are never promised any froyo update. Never heard of it until I joined the Forum.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It depends when you bought the phone. When I bought mine the ad said it played Flash with the 2.2 update, which was "coming soon." I think they stopped mentioning it, now the ad just says OS 2.1

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I forgot exactly where now (I'll try and find it), but Verizon did come out and say (maybe on their Twitter account now that I think of it) that it would be "end of 2010". I'll go back and try to find it.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't remember where I read it either, but I did ask the vzw rep when I bought my phone if the fascinate is supposed to get the 2.2 update, and he said within the next couple of months (this was in september). granted, it was a vzw rep that said this, but they are representative of the company. I also don't remember where I read about froyo being released by the end of 2010 either...

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't remember where I read it either, but I did ask the vzw rep when I bought my phone if the fascinate is supposed to get the 2.2 update, and he said within the next couple of months (this was in september). granted, it was a vzw rep that said this, but they are representative of the company. I also don't remember where I read about froyo being released by the end of 2010 either...

That's what the VZW rep told me too (in a month or two). I asked specifically because of the home dock he sold me, and it had that little sticker on the back of it. I jokingly said I was going to hold him to his word and bring the phone back if if doesn't get updated. I went there Sunday and that rep is no longer there. I'm trying to cancel that particular line now (without the ETF) because I can't use the device with the home dock like the rep said I could.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair