Latest Version of Swype?

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've searched this without any luck. I would like to know how I can tell if I have the most recent version of Swype and if not how to update.

It just doesn't seem to be performing as well as it was so I thought I'd look for an update... The version on my Fascinate is 2.2.42.10273
My phone is updated to DL09, rooted and bloatware removed.

Also... any recommendations for a preferred keyboard other than Swype?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
yea, you pretty much need to remove all traces of swype on your phone before you can download the beta version, so you would need to be rooted.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
go to the xda forums and download the dj05 rom. then unzip it on the desktop then go into system/app and you can grab the swype.apk file from there. then put it on ur sd card then install. thats how i got swype back

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I changed my swype.apk to "swype.apk.old", then installed the new version. Now I get this message:
Sorry! The application Swype (process com.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force close

Should I remove the swype.apk from my phone? Or is there another Swype file that is still there causing problems?

Thank you!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There are more then one file for swype. use the root file and search swype and delete all. There's like 3 different files.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ahh ok, found the other two, changed those to ".old" also, works beautifully. I like this newer version much better

Thanks so much for the help ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers