Emergency Call Not Working

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the copy pasted version of a post I commented on the video in regards to the emergency call bug... Hope this helps I can gladly add more information if requested.

I am using a stock fascinate with DL09 not rooted or de-binged.. Using apps such as lookout mobile security, facebook for android some sports apps, weather app etc.. Nothing too major I dont believe.. And yes when I went to test this bug it happened to me! Cannot use emergency dialer when set to use the unlock pattern. So I believe my phone to be proof that it is effecting random phones for a pretty unknown reason? I've been researching stuff for days in regards to other bugs and the infamous 2.2 update...

Ok, now I tried one thing that did allow it to work properly.. I restarted my phone, reactivated unlock pattern and tried emergency dialer again.. This time it worked as it should! So honestly its quite confusing as to why its working for some and not for others.. Looks like something internal that will take some research on vzw or samsungs part. Like I said before I am not rooted using the phone completely standard, at first emergency dialer did not work then after restarting my phone it did work.. Could it be possible that the others having this issue may have tried the same without restarting? My only idea is that the phone requires a restart after activating the unlock pattern feature for the emergency dialer will work properly. Please give this method a try and post your findings so we can all further investigate this matter.

Reactions: Chris Kerrigan

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The fix mentioned above worked for me. Turned off patern lock. Then turned it back on. Rebooted phone and it now emergency calling works. Thank you guys for finding a fix.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris Kerrigan

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha, looks as if I didn't read into it far enough before I thought I had found a fix for the issue myself lol... Well at least I was able to figure it out on my own before I got this far into the comments/forums LOL!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
YAY! It's still a bug nonetheless, as you shouldn't have to restart for it to work, but a much less severe bug needless to say. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Who can I talk to about a few bugs/issues I am having with my fascinate that are not related to this bug. I have not been able to find any info on them anywhere so far..

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Glad to see there is a fix but ya know what? Samsung and Verizon need to hop on this immediately because people who don't browse forums WON'T know the problem. Nice to see there is a workaround, but I don't feel it lessens the severity of the bug.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, mine was working yesterday, but after sitting over night it stopped. So I tried the other method and turnedthe lock off, then on and rebooted. Has anyone else had the issue of it sitting over night and not working in the morning?

Reactions: cordoni

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok, mine was working yesterday, but after sitting over night it stopped. So I tried the other method and turnedthe lock off, then on and rebooted. Has anyone else had the issue of it sitting over night and not working in the morning?

I didn't notice that this morning. Did it work again once you rebooted?

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Is the emergency call button only present on the lock pattern screen or is this feature available for the puzzle lock/glass lock screen? I don't have the pattern lock, but it seems it would be very handy (as long as it works that is :)).

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Mine was working last night after the fix. Now it is not. Grrrrrrr.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira