whats killing my battery???

michollock

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I loved my fascinate because the battery life was so great. I could easily get a full days worth on a charge with plenty of extra juice at the end of the night. I found this form and make some updates to the phone last weekend. I love the changes but now the battery is dieing before the day is out. I was hoping someone may know what is causing the problem and how to fix it?

Here is what I did:
installed launcher pro plus
Home switcher
simi clock (only using clock part, not weather or battery indicator)
palmary weather (updating every two hours)
Dolphin Browser
swift keyboard
Jorte calendar

I also installed and then uninstalled K9 mail and GPSs tracker

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved my fascinate because the battery life was so great. I could easily get a full days worth on a charge with plenty of extra juice at the end of the night. I found this form and make some updates to the phone last weekend. I love the changes but now the battery is dieing before the day is out. I was hoping someone may know what is causing the problem and how to fix it?

Here is what I did:
Home switcher
Dolphin Browser
swift keyboard
Jorte calendar

it doesnt sound like any of that would kill the battery faster. but having alot of widgets on mutiple screens would. u also may be running to launchers at once that would kill it too. try this go back into touchwiz the stock launcher delete every screen and make sure the last screen is blank no widgets or icons, then go into applications>mange Apps. then look for twlauncher> clear data>force close> thenhit home button and chose launcher pro as ur primary launcher

Reactions: michollock

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Here is what I did:
Home switcher
Dolphin Browser
swift keyboard
Jorte calendar

why dont you read the thread called "battery?". its 5 threads down. should be visable while looking on the same screen as yours. you might find some answers there.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and open Battery Manager....click on the battery pic, it will show you whats draining your battery the most. 50-70% of the time it's the display. You may need to lower the screens brightness or set it to auto.

Widgets really won't drain your battery that bad. If you have them constantly updating data, then yea it's going to use more resources draining your battery faster. Adjust the update intervals in the app of the widget. If you have a weather widget updating every hour...change it to around every three hours. Same for the rest of the widgets/apps unless you really need them updating every 15 minutes.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Another thing you can do op is to have your screen timeout in a much shorter interval. I have mine set at 2 minutes.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Here is what I did:
Home switcher
Dolphin Browser
swift keyboard
Jorte calendar

I see that you have change and add some features - every application perform differently towards battery consumption. Have you ever think about getting a extented battery.. It would last you a lot longer.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I see that you have change and add some features - every application perform differently towards battery consumption. Have you ever think about getting a extented battery.. It would last you a lot longer.

the extended batteries for the fascinate require a different back. most people dont want to make thier phones bigger. it would be nice if an extended battery was made that was the same size, id hop on that in a second.

Fifty9Dunes

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
While the other persons suggestion of deleting your TouchWiz screens/Widgets while using LP is valid, I wouldn't force close TW ... cause if LP ever gets wonky and force closes, and TW isn't active your phone may lock up and require a batt pull.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
cause if LP ever gets wonky and force closes, and TW isn't active your phone may lock up and require a batt pull.

you are half right. dont force close tw because its just gonna start right back up. if you only have one launcher and it force closes the android os will restart the launcher. most us of that root our phones have only one launcher.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
you are half right. dont force close tw because its just gonna start right back up. if you only have one launcher and it force closes the android os will restart the launcher. most us of that root our phones have only one launcher.

y would u want to have two launchers runninng? if u didnt have launcher pro and touchwiz locked up you would still need to do a battery pull. it wastes alot more battery, data and power because u are trying to run widgets and screens when your not even using them

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star