Start your car from your phone!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got this Viper remote starter installed in my Jeep. I wanted something that I could start from in a building to my Jeep parked in the parking garage and this seems like the perfect answer. It has the regular key fob which apparently works from really far away, but there is an app (iPhone, BB, android) that you can you. Its 2 way, so it lets you know that your car received the signal and turned on (or whatever else you told it to do). In theory, I could start my car from half way across the country, or if I had a world phone, start my car from Europe. It seems way cool, especially for warming it up in the winter. It has lots of other cool features besides just starting the car. Just wanted to share.

screen

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks quite nice. I don't know if I should bother spending that money on my car though. It also has a yearly fee. I wouldn't mind making the less refined method to remote start my car.

Last edited:

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up. The app won't do you any good if you don't have the alarm that works with it. The complete Viper SmartStart Security Remote Start System retails @ $599, the add on for a non compatible alarm retails @ $399 and the add on for a compatible Viper alarm retails @ $299. The SmartStart service plan will cost you $49.99 annually.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up. The app won't do you any good if you don't have the alarm that works with it. The complete Viper SmartStart Security Remote Start System retails @ $599, the add on for a non compatible alarm retails @ $399 and the add on for a compatible Viper alarm retails @ $299. The SmartStart service plan will cost you $49.99 annually.

You don't need the alarm. I just wanted the starter. Granted its not super cheap - total price installed was about $587 from BestBuy. It was $399 plus a few modules that it needed to function and tax.

Yes, there is an annual fee. 3 years was $99 (including a free year). I've certainly blown $49 on much less worthwhile things, so the course of it over a year for the functionality you get doesn't seem bad at all.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds similar to the OnStar app I have for my Silverado. I love it. Has a ton of other 2 way info from the vehicle too such as fuel level, oil life, tire pressure, etc. Just like they show in the commercials! :p

I suppose yours would be more practical to the people not looking to go buy a brand new vehicle though. Oh well...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463