Phone goes Black during call

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone had similar issues. When I place a call the screen goes black after 2 seconds and repeats the pattern if I click the side. I have received 2 different phones with the same issue. Do i have bad luck or is it the phone? Is there a fix for it?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
When is it doing this? Are you on speakerphone? Using a headset of any kind? Is anything covering the top of the phone (proximity sensor)?

The proximity sensor will shut the screen off when something gets close to it (so your face won't press anything during a call). It should light back up when you move the phone away from your face.

I use speakerphone a lot, and the screen stays lit when doing that. I think the screen goes dark if I am using a headset.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I love this feature, it means the phone isn't glowing as you're driving down the road making that very quick, but illegal to do while you're driving, evening phone call ;-)

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, very annoying when you have to punch in any numbers like a credit card or meeting code.

The problem went away when I loaded "DL09 super clean 0.4" ROM

nobodysfool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that, too. When the other person hangs up, the screen comes back. I use a Jawbone earpiece. I just figured it was a "feature" of the phone. Running dL09 here. I've had the phone for a little over a week. No major complaints, so far.