Feeds and Updates

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The only feeds I am getting are mine.This just started yesterday? Not getting any of my friends updates. My phone is stock. I checked all of the settings can find? If I open the Feacebook app they are there? Thanks

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about Facebook? At this time, with 2.1, you will not get those push notifications, that functionality will be available in 2.2 (Froyo).

Reactions: jtalker1965

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think he's talking about the Samsung Feeds and Updates widget. Do you have the accounts you want to show on the widget set up in Settings > Accounts and sync?

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It work fine intill last night? I didn't change anything so not sure what happen
just getting my feeds and nobody else. I was getting feeds for everything NCIS, Smallville and this morning just my stuff. Thanks

DrinksJD07

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree, mine was working just fine last night as well. I noticed its just showing my own feeds and nothing else as well. I have not made any changes to my settings, it just stopped working. I never had this problem before. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Haha.i just noticed this morning this same thing happening and came straight to AC to check it out and sure enough...

I knew I couldn't be the only one ;)

Hope it gets fixed soon. Already tired of looking at my ugly mug.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
let's stop blamming the "update" I did my update on the 14th and this happen today the 27th. I was working fine until last night. the 26th

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't see a update doing this. Not this late in the download? There is a dis-connect some where between the server and the system?!?!? just my .02

DrkGhst87

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to my girlfriend's and my fascinate today. We both have the OTA update, which I don't think is the problem causer. I just hope they figure out the solution soon, seeing as I use that particular widget quite often.

La

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Feeds and Update Widget not working

Mine isn't working either. Here's my theory...I think it has something to do with the new facebook update. I didn't accept the new update for facebook, but the fb system updated my account yesterday automatically. Which, as we all noticed, was the same day that my facebook feeds stopped working. I had to log in to fb with my pc, that's when I noticed that the News Feeds page has settings that I hadn't noticed before, for example you can now select who you want to see on that page.
So, I'm thinking that the widget needs an update OR some creative soul needs to code one for the rest of us.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Well this morning around 7:40 a.m. est time I checked after I changed to get ready for my work out at the gym and it had 26 "NEW FEEDS" So it seems it could be working. I just did the update at 9:00 a.m. so maybe some how they were tied together? Thanks to everyone whom stopped in and had something to say. JT
P.S. I wonder why none of the techie people added anything to this?!?!?

Stain77

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue! I use this widget more than any other (for the most part) and it is getting annoying! I hope it gets fixed soon... I have also noticed a drop in my 3G coverage lately...

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you have done your *228 update. Mine has been working great since the 27th. Just a idea try a battery pull. Normaly you never need to but everyonce in a "blue moon" the phone resets the simple things and everything is good as gold. Good luck. JT

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci