The gmail calendar on my phone had been working well and suddenly not all of my dates are showing up. I am using the PureGrid calendar

I download the ical file from our scheduling program and then upload it into the gmail calendar. Looking at it on the website everything is there.

When I look at my phone however there are suddenly only random dates from that ical file that are making it over to the phone. I have 4 shifts/week at various times that I put into gmail and maybe 2/week show up on the phone.

I just started noticing this within the last week or so. Could it have anything to do with the DL09 update? Its very frustrating because suddenly I can't trust the calendar on my phone when trying to schedule things.

Thanks
    01-30-2011 10:30 PM
    Not familiar with PureGrid, but the stock one has worked fine for me all along. I have my personal gmail, along with 3 other ical calendar's synced and they all have worked fine with DL09. Check your stock calendar, along with going to your Google account in Settings > Accounts and sync, uncheck, then recheck Sync Calendar to force it to sync again.
    01-30-2011 10:44 PM
    I've tried it on the stock calendar as well. Same deal. My shifts on tue and wed of this week show up but the one on Thursday that I can see on the gmail website doesn't show up Its very odd. They are all on the same "calendar" in gmail so that isn't the problem. They were all uploaded from the same ical file.
    01-30-2011 10:58 PM
    Did you try making it sync again though? Sounds like it only got part of it.
    01-30-2011 11:00 PM
    yep. Unchecked and rechecked the sync box. Again - its all very odd. I'd call Verizon, but I don't think they are smart enough to help me with this.
    01-30-2011 11:03 PM
    Doubtful. Samsung reps have been a little better in my experience if you want to call someone about it. Don't know if it's something they'd be willing to try to handle though.

Another thought, you mentioned downloading a syncing a file. The only way I've synced ical's is with a URL to it. The file would be static, which could be why it's not updating properly.
    01-30-2011 11:47 PM
    There are issues with the stock calendar on the SF.

I've fought a bad sync problem from day one... Full data wipes, factory restore, I even Odin'd back to DI01 and then OTA'd to full DL09 and NOTHING will make my calendar sync with Google. Wasn't a problem on my Eris, I've tried everything and after fully resetting the phone multiple times, I've just concluded that the TW calendar blows, is spotty like most of Samsung's software, and I now just put a link to my gCal on the home screen and use the txt msg notifications to give me pop ups. It's a klunky work around, but it does work. Everything else works great on the phone, this would seem to be software related, but even on a stock factory phone with NO apps, and nothing besides my Google acct info loaded it still hangs on a calendar sync, then FC's. Every time, every MR or Official VZW release, every single ROM or Kernal I've tried. Cannot get around it no matter what I do.

If there was even one, single problem that I could point to outside of the calendar issue, I would exchange this phone. BUT - my GPS has always locked in quickly, my radio reception and call quality are great, and since I can work around the calendar bug, I don't want to risk getting one with a working cal and borked GPS or radio!!

Sure would be nice to have calendar sync tho....
    01-31-2011 10:46 AM
    I am having a similar problem bit with gmail. Contacts and calendar have updated but Gmail wont. Facebook is also giving me trouble. Switched "resolver" that are offered from the blackhole 3.0rom and didn't fix. Thinking about flashing a new kernel just to see. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 Blackhole 3.0 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2011 02:38 PM
    I am having a similar problem bit with gmail. Contacts and calendar have updated but Gmail wont. Facebook is also giving me trouble. Switched "resolver" that are offered from the blackhole 3.0rom and didn't fix. Thinking about flashing a new kernel just to see. Any other ideas?

Have you tried removing said accounts (aside from your Google account, of course) and re-adding them? I've had to do that before and it almost always works for me.
    01-31-2011 03:08 PM
    I'll try to remove account. Kernel nor resolver worked.

01-31-2011 03:18 PM
    Did a battery pull and left out for 30 seconds and rebooted and started to send/receive emails.

Sent from my SGS Fascinate Blackhole 3.0
    01-31-2011 03:36 PM
    I deleted and created a new Google calendar and then reuploaded the ical file and all seems to be well for the moment. We'll see.
    02-01-2011 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD