gallery glitch

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I've got a customer where I work (yes I sell phones) who has a fascinate and every couple days or so everything on his SD card disappears from the apps. Pictures are invisible to the gallery, music to the music player. It's still there under my files, and I tinkered with SD card and booting in and out and what not, but I couldn't get anything to come up. I pulled his SD card, and put mine in and everything on there showed fine. I sent him home to Format his SD card and then replace the contents to see if this helps, but honestly I'm 50/50 on whether this will help. Anyone who has experienced this and has a fix would be much appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I've got a customer where I work (yes I sell phones) who has a fascinate and every couple days or so everything on his SD card disappears from the apps. Pictures are invisible to the gallery, music to the music player. It's still there under my files, and I tinkered with SD card and booting in and out and what not, but I couldn't get anything to come up. I pulled his SD card, and put mine in and everything on there showed fine. I sent him home to Format his SD card and then replace the contents to see if this helps, but honestly I'm 50/50 on whether this will help. Anyone who has experienced this and has a fix would be much appreciated.

sounds like a bad SD card, id say buy a new one

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
sounds like a bad SD card, id say buy a new one

I was hoping not to hear that :-( we don't have any more in stock to switch him out, he's gonna get stuck with a refurb after having the phone a week if he does. Crossin my fingers for a win on the format. Maybe the verizon store will switch just the card for him.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping not to hear that :-( we don't have any more in stock to switch him out, he's gonna get stuck with a refurb after having the phone a week if he does. Crossin my fingers for a win on the format. Maybe the verizon store will switch just the card for him.

why cant he just run over to best buy and buy one? and is he formatting it on the phone or the computer

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
why cant he just run over to best buy and buy one? and is he formatting it on the phone or the computer

Who would spend that kinda money on a card for a phone they've had a week? That and we don't have a best buy. I'd really like to keep the commission on my sale too though.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not a genius, bro, but thanks for that,,,, i hope it helps

You solved my problem, and through no fault of your own made me feel like an idiot all in one breathe. Mostly because I didn't think of it. We've got one good card on hand, and the bad one will still work just fine for what we need it for (keeping in a drawer till we get the return request since we're pulled the fascinate from our line up for some dumb ass reason. Thanks corporate.)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You solved my problem, and through no fault of your own made me feel like an idiot all in one breathe. Mostly because I didn't think of it. We've got one good card on hand, and the bad one will still work just fine for what we need it for (keeping in a drawer till we get the return request since we're pulled the fascinate from our line up for some dumb ass reason. Thanks corporate.)

Dont feel like that, i get like that when im to close to a problem aswell, ideas get missed. sometimes you need to step out of the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12