boot loop "brick" - cannot even flash stock..

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
hello everyone.

borked up the fascinate whilst trying to update to the devs 2.2.

i know exactly what i did wrong. i was running voodoo5, and i disabled lag fix, but did not restart before trying to load. STUPID!

right now, all the phone will do is boot loop.. samsung screen, says "wiping cache, data, ect.." and then back to samsung screen to reboot and reboot.

i have literally 30 tabs open with articles from here and XDA, nothing seems to be working. here is what i have tried.

1. tried booting back to red cwm and playing with the lagfix (enable and disable again) to see if it would work, no go. i ended up losing red cwm - had to ODIN red back..

2. tried flashing DL09 both the full package and each individual part via ODIN

3. tried flashing the stocki500system.md5 (from the boards) and kernel, and nothing.. same boot loop.

4. tried to connect via ADB but it wont let me access the phone.. NOTE: i just downloaded ADB as a last resort and know nothing about it..

anyone have another suggestion besides handing it to the verizon guy and trying to BS my way into a new phone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hello everyone.

borked up the fascinate whilst trying to update to the devs 2.2.

i know exactly what i did wrong. i was running voodoo5, and i disabled lag fix, but did not restart before trying to load. STUPID!

right now, all the phone will do is boot loop.. samsung screen, says "wiping cache, data, ect.." and then back to samsung screen to reboot and reboot.

i have literally 30 tabs open with articles from here and XDA, nothing seems to be working. here is what i have tried.

1. tried booting back to red cwm and playing with the lagfix (enable and disable again) to see if it would work, no go. i ended up losing red cwm - had to ODIN red back..

2. tried flashing DL09 both the full package and each individual part via ODIN

3. tried flashing the stocki500system.md5 (from the boards) and kernel, and nothing.. same boot loop.

4. tried to connect via ADB but it wont let me access the phone.. NOTE: i just downloaded ADB as a last resort and know nothing about it..

anyone have another suggestion besides handing it to the verizon guy and trying to BS my way into a new phone?

Try one of the packages here from post #3
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ckworkmod-recovery-return-stock-use-odin.html

what is happening when you try to flash odin

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the reply.

that is one of the tabs i have open actually :)

i flash odin just fine, everything says SUCCESS! no fails..

i boot the phone and it loops ... i have tried both the DL09, and DI01 stock files.. maybe i have corrupted ones?

no matter what i have flashed it continues to loop on next boot

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
no go..

i odin'd red recovery again (i cant get green to flash) and i am doing the "advanced recovery" to see if that works.

the regular recovery says "NO FILES FOUND" even though i can see them there..

i get errors doing the advanced recovery that says ".android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure"

does that help?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
no go..

i odin'd red recovery again (i cant get green to flash) and i am doing the "advanced recovery" to see if that works.

the regular recovery says "NO FILES FOUND" even though i can see them there..

i get errors doing the advanced recovery that says ".android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure"

does that help?
had a similar problem(surprise surprise). in red go to mount and format everything it will let you format. format everything. flash new voodoo kernel. enable lag fix. restart. let it format the system. then boot back into red. disable lag fix. restart. let it format. done.

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
had a similar problem(surprise surprise). in red go to mount and format everything it will let you format. format everything. flash new voodoo kernel. enable lag fix. restart. let it format the system. then boot back into red. disable lag fix. restart. let it format. done.

LOL thanks.

i did just that, i formatted everything it would let me.

question.. how do i flash a new voodoo kernel? it wont let me mount the SD card? says INVALID ARGUEMNT ERROR MOUNTING SD CARD

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL thanks.

i did just that, i formatted everything it would let me.

question.. how do i flash a new voodoo kernel? it wont let me mount the SD card? says INVALID ARGUEMNT ERROR MOUNTING SD CARD

yeah i got that a couple of times too. if lady android formated you system (disabled lag fix) on reboot you should be able to flash to stock. then go from there.

i will check back in the am. gotta get up at 445. keep us posted. sorry i cant stay up later, but i will do what i can to help tomorrow.

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah i got that a couple of times too. if lady android formated you system (disabled lag fix) on reboot you should be able to flash to stock. then go from there.

i will check back in the am. gotta get up at 445. keep us posted. sorry i cant stay up later, but i will do what i can to help tomorrow.

thank you so much!

yes, im downloading the file that was recommended to try that.. i keep getting bad hash on the odin..ill keep trying

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
finally got it.. im not sure what actually jogged it from the ideas you all had.. but something finally got it to take the ODIN flash back to stock.. and special thanks to gunnermike.. i think the formatting helped quite a bit, it reacted different after i did that..

thank all of you again, its awesome that this community is so helpful and supportive...the more i learn (or f-up in other words) i hope that i can shoot some of that knowledge back..

rock on, and thanks again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz