Announcing the i500.EA28 OTA Update (not Froyo) Rolling Out Now!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
A non Froyo update is on its way (If you want to give the leaked version of Froyo, you can find that here.)

Verizon Wireless is about to push to push the OTA shortly. Not that most of these features are from DL09. That said, below is a summary of the EA28 features (I think the bullet before the last is the main one):

• Updated versions of preloaded applications, including V CASt videos, City ID, VZ Navigator, and Amazon Kindle.
  • Ability to change the reminder time and alert tone for calendar events
  • Improved the update consistency of the feed and widgets.
  • Music now pauses if you unplug your wired headset or turn off your Bluetooth headset.
  • Improved stand-alone GPS performance.
  • Increased security by hiding your 3G Mobile Hotspot password while typing.
  • Ability to open any PDF attachments sent in an email.
  • Ability to use special characters in corporate email passwords.
  • Enhanced backlight display for the bottom four buttons on the device to now follow the device display timer setting.
  • Widgets now refresh based on the defined refresh time interval.
  • Make instantaneous emergency calls from locked device in time of need.
  • If already in a locked state, the device will now remain locked when placed in desk dock or car dock.

If it were me, I would just skip this and go directly to Froyo, but I'm geeky like that.

Sound off here!

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
IM so not going to worry about it i just put 2.2 on my phone and thanks to u dude its working great i love my phone even more.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
who cares. i mean really vzw. seriously. you offer another stupid "update". will this one fix all the crap you broke in DL09?

loosers.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I JUST flashed back to DL09 so I can get this update. I should have read the stuff about it.
Do you guys think I'll still get the new update if I FLASHED DL09?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I JUST flashed back to DL09 so I can get this update. I should have read the stuff about it.

dude!! why? sure if you flash stock dl09, when they push the ota you will get it. but why?!?!?!?!?

FROYO!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Based on where you said you were with successfully flashing Froyo in the other thread, I would ignore this post.

The most interesting thing to me is that they say the update includes ALL of the things in DL09. Which means there's might be some additional updates to the apps that were in DL09 - and possibly other changes as well - and since announcements typically leave out other stuff, that's a real possibility. So, if you're not ready to jump to jump to an unofficial Froyo, you actually should care regardless of the version you're at.

The way it would normally work is they would release a single feature in the latest update, and if you were on DL09 already then they would *only* update that single feature. If you are on DI01, they would upgrade you DL09 first and then EA28.

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
ok. I have a question. If we decide to stay with DL30 and not go back to DL09 to get the OTA update. When verizon does release the official Froyo ota would we still be able to flash back to DL09 and then, update to froyo? Or would the official froyo OTA reqiure us to be on EA28 for the OTA? I might just flash back to DL09 get the update ota EA28 just so I can make a back up and have something to flash, just so I get official Froyo OTA. Or is that a complete waste of time and not necessary?

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i am gonna stay wiht froyo ans sc.8(upgrading to the newest one when i get home) but yea the whole bug when emergency dialing does nothing for me since i dont lock my phone.(if i should lock it and if there are benefits from it let me kno)

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
ok. I have a question. If we decide to stay with DL30 and not go back to DL09 to get the OTA update. When verizon does release the official Froyo ota would we still be able to flash back to DL09 and then, update to froyo? Or would the official froyo OTA reqiure us to be on EA28 for the OTA? I might just flash back to DL09 get the update ota EA28 just so I can make a back up and have something to flash, just so I get official Froyo OTA. Or is that a complete waste of time and not necessary?

Honestly I think it is a complete waste of time. If you really want the "official" 2.2, the devs will have it packaged when it is released. Until then, just enjoy the froyo goodness :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Kevin is right for a lot of people.

Myself, I like official OTA's so I will probably do what you said, as it is the mostly likely path to getting there:

1) Flash DL09 or DI01
2) OTA EA28 (should be automatic/or via check for updates in settings)
3) OTA Froyo (should also be automatic/or via check for updates in settings)

Reactions: GrainOsand

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
dude!! why? sure if you flash stock dl09, when they push the ota you will get it. but why?!?!?!?!?

FROYO!

Lol, I flashed back to Froyo, I figured this update is useless to me since I have Froyo.
You are right, Gunnermike. I'm sorry for Insulting you. xD Loljkdonthurtme.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Kevin is right for a lot of people.

Myself, I like official OTA's so I will probably do what you said, as it is the mostly likely path to getting there:

1) Flash DL09 or DI01
2) OTA EA28 (should be automatic/or via check for updates in settings)
3) OTA Froyo (should also be automatic/or via check for updates in settings)

I like official too but I can't help but to think that the only reason DL30 didn't contain all the bloatware is because they just didn't get around to putting it all in. I wonder if it will be back in the actual release?

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cory, I the exact same way. I like the official stuff to. I am positive the devs Adrenalyne espesially will pkg some great stuff from the official froyo release and I wouldnt be surprised to see it packaged up for ODIN. With that said, I like to tinker. IE, take the official froyo and pull out the apps I dont want and keep the ones I do. I am also a TW fan, I know I'm in the minority but its a matter of prefrence. Nothing more Nothing less. With that said a big shout out to punk kaos for DL30 and to adrenalyne and droidxcon for their willingness to help out all of us Noobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy