No Service problem on Fascinate

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have written down all of the apps I need to replace. I've also backed up everything with Titanium Backup to the SC card and then copied the entire SD card to my laptop. Not sure if that is enough, but there really isn't anything on there I really need.

So, basically I'm willing to lose data.

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have written down all of the apps I need to replace. I've also backed up everything with Titanium Backup to the SC card and then copied the entire SD card to my laptop. Not sure if that is enough, but there really isn't anything on there I really need.

So, basically I'm willing to lose data.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Download Odin HERE

Download Stock DL09

Download those files, Odin is what you will use to apply the stock file......things you need to do before following these directions....disable antivirus,,,remove battery from phone, this is left out through the whole process.....use USB ports in the back of computer

follow directions available here http://forum.androidcentral.com/574235-post15.html

Reactions: sloppyart

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
1st Thanks again. I didn't expect to get such good help at this time of the morning!

I'm under the impression that what I just did brought the phone back to stock.

I am still not getting any service. At this point I think I should probably bring the phone back to Verizon (unless you have some other ideas).

I just want to make sure that Verizon can't tell I rooted the phone. Am I good to go?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
1st Thanks again. I didn't expect to get such good help at this time of the morning!

I'm under the impression that what I just did brought the phone back to stock.

I am still not getting any service. At this point I think I should probably bring the phone back to Verizon (unless you have some other ideas).

I just want to make sure that Verizon can't tell I rooted the phone. Am I good to go?

yea i would bring the phone in, if you flashed back to stock and you still have no service then you it sounds like you have a hardware issue,,,,,bring the phone in as it is and you will be fine.

and you are very welcome, i was actually waiting for you to respond before i fell asleep, i almost fell out there for a moment,,i work nights so im able to hold down the fort so to speak at this time........

so yeah i def think its hardware not software, unless your service is disconnected.

Reactions: sloppyart

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep...I'm a nights guy as well. It's nice to have a slow night so I can work on this. Much better to get paid to fix my own problems! :p

Thanks again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep...I'm a nights guy as well. It's nice to have a slow night so I can work on this. Much better to get paid to fix my own problems! :p

Thanks again.

You are welcome, when you get a replacement, we will help you do the hacky stuff if you want....when you go to the store, tell them you did a factory restore to see if you could get it to work and nothing.....

Good luck and good night/day..

Oh yeah,,,Welcome to Android Central :cool:

lucas003

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i was trying to put one of the files in your post you put up back in october...
well heres my problem, i resent my phone to (factory) because it was freezing way to much and now i cant access it without getting service??

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i was trying to put one of the files in your post you put up back in october...
well heres my problem, i resent my phone to (factory) because it was freezing way to much and now i cant access it without getting service??

I'm not sure what files you are referring to, probably a post by DroidXcon. I don't understand what you mean by you can't access it without getting service. What are you trying to do?

lucas003

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
no i had it for about 2 month now, and it passed down to me from my brother. so it had no service but i was able to use the wifi and other accessories but the problem is it recently started freezing and i re-booted it. now when i turn it on and unlock the screen it says press "send" to activate your phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
no i had it for about 2 month now, and it passed down to me from my brother. so it had no service but i was able to use the wifi and other accessories but the problem is it recently started freezing and i re-booted it. now when i turn it on and unlock the screen it says press "send" to activate your phone.

hit emergency call, then dial this *#83786633 hit send, then hit the home button

Reactions: lucas003

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance