OT: 100% of Fascinate Users Ignoring iPhone

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Not only am i sticking with Android, im sticking with Samsung:p

I agree with you. I'd like the updates to appear faster, but on the whole I'd say this is the best phone I've ever had. I like the styling, love the screen, have been very satisfied with the speed, etc.

There's always room for improvement, but this is a damn good phone.

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
this magazine article means nothing... why does it mean nothing... my stats teacher would say that PC Mag did not take a random sample therefore this in no way reflects the estimated probability of ppl switching to the Iphone and in all likelihood these numbers are not real, they are prob numbers put together by apple to make it seem like more ppl are going to switch to the iphone... all in all this is just a marketing ploy be mr. jobs to make the iphone seem more enticing to the public as it appears to the public that even the android users want the iphone so bad... but in reality i would say most android users are going 2 stay on their androids....

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Most people that just bought a fascinate are probably happy with their phone. Moving to a 3.5" screen phone isn't an upgrade. Android market us probably just as good as the itunes. Why would people jump now? If anything the crazy people jumping off the fascinate are going to the thunderbolt. HTC is a better phone manufacture than Samsung and Sense kicks touch wiz's ass.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Most people that just bought a fascinate are probably happy with their phone. Moving to a 3.5" screen phone isn't an upgrade. Android market us probably just as good as the itunes. Why would people jump now? If anything the crazy people jumping off the fascinate are going to the thunderbolt. HTC is a better phone manufacture than Samsung and Sense kicks touch wiz's ass.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Just for the sake of counter point sense makes me go *meh*. Touch wiz is a generally more efficient design which I like a lot. I'd never use friend stream or profiles.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Do not want a iPhone but at this point could go back to BlackBerry of a real Storm 3 every shows up. I really enjoy this phone just miss some of the functions. Maybe when 2.2 shows out will change my mind. Going phone shopping tomorrow. I have a up grade on my account, I just might use it.

Last edited:

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do not want a iPhone but at this point could go back to BlackBerry of a real Storm 3 every shows up. I really enjoy this phone just miss some of the functions. Maybe when 2.2 shows out will change my mind. Going phone shopping tomorrow. I hsve a up grade on my account, I just might use it.

If you've got an upgrade available go ahead and root your phone. The 2.2 leak is pretty stellar. Rooting takes some work to understand but it's really very easy to pull off. I love the improved features.

Reactions: jtalker1965

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Even though Froyo isn't out yet, I'm still happy with my Fascinate and am happy with it. Love the design and the 4 inch screen. I also love that I can customize it any way I want.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Even though Froyo isn't out yet, I'm still happy with my Fascinate and am happy with it. Love the design and the 4 inch screen. I also love that I can customize it any way I want.

froyo isnt "officially" out. most of us on this site are running it though. kaos has mentioned that he is working 2.3 for us already.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I love how Engadget felt it was necessary to make a review of the iPhone 4 on Verizon, ya know... they didn't do that when the Nexus one got the new bands... lol

Sent from my Nexus S

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just window shopping. I would rather keep the phone stock just in case a family member needs a back up phone. Thanks for the idea.

Whether you flash 2.2 now or wait for the official release, I think you'll find it a very solid ROM and a great improvement for the phone. I've found fewer issues with the D30 release than any other official version so far.

I also have to say that while the developers get most of the credit for bringing out a new ROM, the moderators in this forum are AWESOME. They're offering free guidance and tech support as a personal favor for hundreds of strangers.

My hat's off to them!

(And, I'll take them over Apple's "Genius Bar" any day of the week!)

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The Apple distortion field never ceases to amaze me. A fanboi friend sent me a link to this article about supposed security flaws in Google app store this morning.

Although the article doesn't imply this possibility, he suggested that problems with security on my Android could have caused my iTunes ID to be stolen from my iPad.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. My pure, curated iPad "caught something" from my promiscuous, slutty Android when I let them sit too close on the desk.

How is it otherwise intelligent people get so sucked in?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The Apple distortion field never ceases to amaze me. A fanboi friend sent me a link to this article about supposed security flaws in Google app store this morning.

Although the article doesn't imply this possibility, he suggested that problems with security on my Android could have caused my iTunes ID to be stolen from my iPad.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. My pure, curated iPad "caught something" from my promiscuous, slutty Android when I let them sit too close on the desk.

what???? an apple product cant get a virus!!!! its just not possible!!!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The Apple distortion field never ceases to amaze me.

I started using Windows PDAs long ago. I went through Windows CE, PPC and WinMo. A friend of mine got an iPhone, and started telling my how he could carry music and videos and surf the web. Each time he would explain how amazing his device was, I would tell him I had been doing that for years. But that didn't faze him, he just kept on and on, his eyes glazed over (seriously). Later, after he left, my wife (who knows nothing about these devices) said to me, "isn't all of that stuff the same as you have been doing for years?". Like I said, she know nothing about these devices, but even she could see how his thinking was distorted.

Generally, I'm like, whatever. But that all changed one day when I was at a campground. A few of use were discussing motorcycle tire prices. I got out my WinMo device and went online to check the price on a tire. Someone in the group spoke up and said "You should get an iPhone, they are SO much better then Windows". I asked him how much the tire prices were that showed up in his iPhone. He replied, "I didn't bring it with me, it doesn't work here!".

Delusional, or as you state, Apple distortion field.

Yesterday, my friend from that original iPhone story stopped by. He now uses a feature phone on T-Mobile. He was paying AT&T over $100 a month and had to stop. I showed him my Fascinate and he told me I should never have switched to Android. In his words, Android will completely disappear in a couple of years because nobody will buy it now that the iPhone is on Verizon.
:confused:

His life IS filled with bad decisions by the way.

bithead0

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

First off let me say that I have the Fascinate and kept it over the Verizon iphone - I could have "upgraded" for $99 but chose to stay. I got my SF for $49. I really like the Fascinate hardware and now that I've gotten used to the quirks and added apps the software isn't bad either. Can't wait for the official 2.2.

But as an iPad owner I can say the only thing worse than an Apple fanboy is an Apple hater. Come on - direct Steve Jobs attacks, calling folks that buy iphones stupid. Kind of reminds me of politics - both sides need to chill.

But then again it is kind of fun to bait the other side and watch what happens.

I still see that the app selection for Apple is better but I couldn't have a gameboy emulator on my iphone either.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone isn't a BAD device. For what it is, it's a very solid piece of hardware and software. The main reason I do not like it is because I don't like Apple's attitude towards just about everything.

With that being said, I'm perfectly content with Android and the iPhone has never tempted me.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
But as an iPad owner I can say the only thing worse than an Apple fanboy is an Apple hater. Come on - direct Steve Jobs attacks, calling folks that buy iphones stupid. Kind of reminds me of politics - both sides need to chill.

I didn't mean to imply that people who buy iPhones are stupid or that iPhones or Apple products are bad.

I'm not an Apple hater at all. In fact, my iPad is one of the best tech devices I've ever owned.

But the way so many Apple enthusiasts become so closed to the idea that anything outside the Apple universe could possibly function on a par with their devices is bizarre. (And pretty hilarious.)

I give Apple a lot of credit (or blame) for that. Whatever they're doing to install brand loyalty has turned into blind devotion in a lot of people.

As far as the "mine's better" debates, "Apple v. Android" discussions sound pretty much like the "Palm v. Pocket PC" discussions of 10 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech