ok all...since you were awesome in helping me with my contacts issue, I hope you can help me again.

now that I have just my google contacts on my phone, I'd like to resync with facebook contats.....the problem, its saying sync error please try again later. It have been like this off and on for a few weeks....I called verizon and they said it was no issue on thier end, even wiped my phone. (before I knew about backing it up.....) I just want my fb contacts to come up in my contact list.

thanks in advance
    02-08-2011 07:18 AM
    ok all...since you were awesome in helping me with my contacts issue, I hope you can help me again.

now that I have just my google contacts on my phone, I'd like to resync with facebook contats.....the problem, its saying sync error please try again later. It have been like this off and on for a few weeks....I called verizon and they said it was no issue on thier end, even wiped my phone. (before I knew about backing it up.....) I just want my fb contacts to come up in my contact list.

thanks in advance
    what launcher are you running?
    02-08-2011 08:01 AM
    i've had issues with fb contact sync ever since ive been on froyo too.
    02-08-2011 08:18 AM

thanks in advance
    Were you having facebook contacts issues before you updated?
    02-08-2011 08:23 AM
    yup, same here, fb sync issues ever since froyo, no matter which ROM I'm on...
    02-08-2011 08:49 AM
    I'm running ADW launcher. I'm still onDL09. I haven't updated anything. Just rooted and backed up. Everything was fine before I deleted all contacts, to get rid of duplicates on phone. (I noticed that fb was having problems but my contacts were all there so I didn't care) Synced up with google and contacts are back. still no FB tho.
    02-08-2011 09:16 AM
    sounds like you probably deleted your FB contacts from your phone too, did you try removing your FB account (from your phone) and then re-adding it?
    02-08-2011 09:17 AM
    still nothing.....uninstalled, did a battery pull, then reinstalled it. now at least the sync is working...... but the fb contacts are still not in my contacts list.... maybe it was never meant to be!
    02-08-2011 12:26 PM
    you need touch wiz to sync you face book.
    02-08-2011 12:27 PM
    What mike said +1. A more detailed explanation is that there are several components in touch wiz that are vital to SNS, which allows facebook contact sync if i'm not mistaken. If you load something like blackhole rom it mentions at least one thing i'm sure of that is required for facebook sync. It might be the stock messaging app but I can't remember for sure. Anyway, hope this is at least educational if not necessarily helpful.
    02-08-2011 12:34 PM
    that's not completely true... with 2.2, the FB app will sync your contacts for you and adds a FB account to your "Accounts and Sync" settings. the icon looks slightly different from the SNS one that came with touchwiz.

open up facebook and go to settings=>Sync Contacts

the only bad thing about this is that if you have friends with slightly different names in facebook (some friends don't like to be searched on fb so they change their last name or something or have some other bogus name), it won't sync properly with them.
    02-08-2011 12:42 PM
    no way! so all I have to do is switch back to TW, sync, and then I can switch back to ADW. you guys are great! I'm such a noob!

I'd LOOOOVE to get froyo leak....but afraid... this is alll sooooo new to me. I've had a blackberry for 8 or so years....so its a big change!
    02-08-2011 07:28 PM
    I was having this problem when I flashed dl30 blackhole. I resolved it by uninstalling the facebook app, removing the account from the phone, and reinstalling via market

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    02-08-2011 07:56 PM
    that's not completely true... with 2.2, the FB app will sync your contacts for you and adds a FB account to your "Accounts and Sync" settings. the icon looks slightly different from the SNS one that came with touchwiz.

open up facebook and go to settings=>Sync Contacts

the only bad thing about this is that if you have friends with slightly different names in facebook (some friends don't like to be searched on fb so they change their last name or something or have some other bogus name), it won't sync properly with them.
    thats interseting. im not on facebook to often. but i like photo contacts. i use sync my pix. i usually delete the face book app. on syncmypix i can long press a person and link them to a contact manually, can i do that with the froyo app?
    02-08-2011 08:16 PM
    thats interseting. im not on facebook to often. but i like photo contacts. i use sync my pix. i usually delete the face book app. on syncmypix i can long press a person and link them to a contact manually, can i do that with the froyo app?
    yea, I like having pics for all of my contacts too, pretty much the only reason I sync the contacts. I haven't used syncmypix at all, but with the facebook app, you can't manually sync contacts. at least I haven't figured out how yet since it doesn't seem to be the same as with sns
    02-09-2011 09:32 AM
    With sync my pix you can manualy sync contacts the app missed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    02-09-2011 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD