Bing default search engine after froyo

aceiii222

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After I updated to DL30 the other day I thought that my default search engine would have changed to Google. However, today I type a search into the address bar and it pulled up bing search results. I checked the settings on the browser and verified that Google was the default search engine. Is this something that anyone else is experiencing?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
After I updated to DL30 the other day I thought that my default search engine would have changed to Google. However, today I type a search into the address bar and it pulled up bing search results. I checked the settings on the browser and verified that Google was the default search engine. Is this something that anyone else is experiencing?

thats because you are on the leak. go to superclean 1.0 or rubiks .3. they are more stable aswell.

Reactions: aceiii222

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
reflash dl30..that happened to me too the first time. i didn't clear cache initially, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

i flashed superclean and now google is my default. good luck

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
reflash dl30..that happened to me too the first time. i didn't clear cache initially, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

i flashed superclean and now google is my default. good luck

clearing cache wont change your default search. the leak is stock vzw. superclean is not, thats why superclean is debinged.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's a debinged version of the browser over on xda. Ill try to find ya a link.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I put the de-Binged browser from XDA on but I think after that I lost the ability to use the Google Search to voice dial contacts in the phone. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's when it happened. Now if I say "Call <name>" the phone just does a Google search on "Call <name>". Any ideas how this can be restored?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance