Yaaayyy! EA28! Mac problem fixed? *Checks* *frowns*

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I flashed all the way back to stock and got the OTA of EA28.
I was soo hoping that the Mac compatibility problem was fixed. But nope.
I deleted the Windows Partition on my mac because of all of the problems I was experiencing with it. So no more Odin, no more flashing.
So I have a stock Fascinate that is where it should be in terms of firmware status. I think I'll stay there. Lol.
Hopefully FroYo will fix the problem with the Mac problems. idk.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I flashed all the way back to stock and got the OTA of EA28.
I was soo hoping that the Mac compatibility problem was fixed. But nope.
I deleted the Windows Partition on my mac because of all of the problems I was experiencing with it. So no more Odin, no more flashing.
So I have a stock Fascinate that is where it should be in terms of firmware status. I think I'll stay there. Lol.
Hopefully FroYo will fix the problem with the Mac problems. idk.

steve jobs is the devil. he puts a demon in every mac product. the demons dont like anything after di01.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
steve jobs is the devil. he puts a demon in every mac product. the demons dont like anything after di01.

We really should be giving credit where credit is due.

The Fascinate is supposed to be compatible with the USB MSD specifications.

The USB MSD specs are why I can mount any USB Mass Storage Device on my Macs and have them work right. Flash memory, cameras, external hard drives, MP3 players - I've never had any problem with them, ever.

Even the Fascinate would mount on my Macs with no problem up until DL09.

Then, Verizon came along and ****ed up DL09 with some new VCAST garbage. The VCAST garbage interferes with the ability of the phone to be recognized as a valid USB MSD.

Instead of seeing the MicroSD card, we get a useless ISO disk image that mounts and invites us to install some VCAST junk on our computers.

Once again, a great product is shackled by Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo