Why am I getting low memory messages?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Every so often I get the "Warning your memory is low" message. I don't leave things open. I don't really have that much stuff on my phone. But every so often this message pops up. A reboot takes care of it, but is there another way around it or to figure out what is causing it? I thought the android OS was suppose to be great at managing memory, such that even if I wanted to, I could leave lots of stuff open.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Either your running to many programs at once and are running out of ram, or you have too much stuff on your sd card or internal drive and are running out of room

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Every so often I get the "Warning your memory is low" message. I don't leave things open. I don't really have that much stuff on my phone. But every so often this message pops up. A reboot takes care of it, but is there another way around it or to figure out what is causing it? I thought the android OS was suppose to be great at managing memory, such that even if I wanted to, I could leave lots of stuff open.
Go to settings>sd card and storage and look at the internal memory available and tell me how much is available.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like someone has a memory leak fun fix would be a simple reboot or root and load a froyo build see of that's better

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like someone has a memory leak fun fix would be a simple reboot or root and load a froyo build see of that's better

I installed DL30 a week ago or so, so I have root and Froyo. Suddenly I can't remember if the last full memory was before or after Froyo, but I think I have had one since. I'll have to see when the next one is. Rebooting always fixes it of course.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
OK, have it again. I've really not used my phone for much today. Mostly just checking my gmail. Been in my pocket most of the day. Low memory warning. Still says 1.35gb free on the phone. Ideas?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, have it again. I've really not used my phone for much today. Mostly just checking my gmail. Been in my pocket most of the day. Low memory warning. Still says 1.35gb free on the phone. Ideas?

i had a similar problem once myself. the only way i coud lfix it was flash back to stock DI01 with the all in one package. then flash back to my dj05 rom. try flashing back to di01 and then back to eb01, let us know what happens.