Please help me post root

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently changed from the original droid to the fascinate, I have never rooted a phone before and I have been reading threads on here day and night, trying to figure out what to do. I know how to root my phone due to the many of threads but where I am lost is, right after I root what do I do.. I have decided that I would like to try the DJ05, but am clueless on how to do this exactly and what really a kernel is and which to use. Through reading though I believe I would try the stupidfast non voodoo kernel.

It says after rooting to install titanium backup, and to always backup before you do anything new but how? And how would I restore if messed up?

What is this clockworkmod that everyone speaks of, through all the threads I know how I would open it but how do I get it and what is the ordin. Is ordin automatic after you root.

Also is a theme a kernel, like if I install a stupidfast kernel I can not install a theme?

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get into this and I guess like I said at the beginning, what are the steps after you complete the one click root to the rom and kernels and etc you want? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently changed from the original droid to the fascinate, I have never rooted a phone before and I have been reading threads on here day and night, trying to figure out what to do. I know how to root my phone due to the many of threads but where I am lost is, right after I root what do I do.. I have decided that I would like to try the DJ05, but am clueless on how to do this exactly and what really a kernel is and which to use. Through reading though I believe I would try the stupidfast non voodoo kernel.

It says after rooting to install titanium backup, and to always backup before you do anything new but how? And how would I restore if messed up?

What is this clockworkmod that everyone speaks of, through all the threads I know how I would open it but how do I get it and what is the ordin. Is ordin automatic after you root.

Also is a theme a kernel, like if I install a stupidfast kernel I can not install a theme?

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get into this and I guess like I said at the beginning, what are the steps after you complete the one click root to the rom and kernels and etc you want? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

ok, first congrats on the fascinate, its a great phone and i think you will be ahppy. second, welcome to android central. lots of very helpful folks here. third, the only thing you need from dj05 is the modem. as ypu probably know vzw has not release 2.2 yet, the awsome indie dev's here have however. so go with superclean 1.0 or rubiks .3. they are both very good deodexed, deblaoted roms. link:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-dl30-1-0-updated.html

follow the instructions here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-hacks/57645-ultimate-fascinate-wiki.html

on how to use odin to flash a modem, use a dj05 or dl09 modem.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
oh, titanium back up. it backs up your apps and data. if you dont have anything on the phone you dont mind setting up again then dont worry about it until you get your phone the way you want it.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
one more thing. you WILL brick your phone. dont worry about it, dont panic. it is very simple to get back to stock. nothing is unbrickable.

give this thread a read, it will give you some helpful insights and explain many of your questions.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...56394-beginners-rooting-read-me-2-6-11-a.html

good luck and have fun.

and dont flash the dl30 leak, make sure you go with superclean or rubiks. the leak is bloated and buggy.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot gunnermike53 I have read the Beginners rooting read me and most of the wiki, the only reason I was saying I wanted to go with the DJ05 was the fact that I saw a lot of threads with problems to the DL30 leak. You say the one in the first post takes out the bloatware, does it fix the issues with swype, and do you lose all of the Samsung widgets. I am a fan of there widgets but right know they are never working right or updating? Thanks again for all the help you don't know how much it means to a newbie like me.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot gunnermike53 I have read the Beginners rooting read me and most of the wiki, the only reason I was saying I wanted to go with the DJ05 was the fact that I saw a lot of threads with problems to the DL30 leak. You say the one in the first post takes out the bloatware, does it fix the issues with swype, and do you lose all of the Samsung widgets. I am a fan of there widgets but right know they are never working right or updating? Thanks again for all the help you don't know how much it means to a newbie like me.

always glad to help. you can add all the sammy stuff back to the superclean rom. just download the the mods he inculdes on his page. if you dont like it i can point you in the right direction with dj05.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So one more question, I keep reading everywhere to clear all cache before doing anything, how do I do this?

lol, just one more. im sure there will be others, but thats ok, thats what this forum is for. had i asked more questions when i first started i may have cut the number of bricks i made in half. dont be afraid to ask.:D

you wipe data and cache in clock work mod. the red recovery screen you flash the new rom.

Reactions: kapsiakchris

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok I semi understand here, this is why my brain is bricked, I can clear cache and make a backup simply by turning phone off and holding the volume buttons etc... what I am getting ran in circles about is what is clock word mod, what is ordin. To put a rom on can I not just do the one click root with no ordin, then copy the rom and kernel if needed from computer to sd root and then do the whole volume trick and update that zip and then reboot if not man am I lost lol.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I semi understand here, this is why my brain is bricked, I can clear cache and make a backup simply by turning phone off and holding the volume buttons etc... what I am getting ran in circles about is what is clock word mod, what is ordin. To put a rom on can I not just do the one click root with no ordin, then copy the rom and kernel if needed from computer to sd root and then do the whole volume trick and update that zip and then reboot if not man am I lost lol.

get odin from here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/58305-new-cwm-jt1134.html

the dl30 roms are already rooted.

put update.zip on your sd card. put your rom on your sd card. flash froyo_cwm via odin. boot into recovery, flash new rom. done.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am so sorry for bothering the heck out of you but my mind is going all over the place. I thought I understood but I don't. I will root my phone tonight using the one click root (no odin or nothing as you know lol). That I can do with no problem I strongly believe but then what. I want to put on the superclean dl30 that you suggested and try that. What are the steps totally dumbed down if you have the time and dont mind me asking.

Update.zip, what is that?

Again so sorry I never did this before but everything I thing I know what to do I read another thread and am totally lost again. Like you said I need the dj05 mod to run that superclean, I don't understand that, what am I downloading.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Update.zip, what is that?

Again so sorry I never did this before but everything I thing I know what to do I read another thread and am totally lost again. Like you said I need the dj05 mod to run that superclean, I don't understand that, what am I downloading.

I had tons of trouble with the semantics when I was learning to root, just like it seems you are. I wrote this fresh out of noob-hood to help.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...56394-beginners-rooting-read-me-2-6-11-a.html

It should clear up a lot of the confusion over what works with what, and what the heck does it all mean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781