Headset controls question

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I've know that Samsung phones have some issues with headset controls where the music controls don't function properly. I've returned many headsets where one thing works but another doesn't, and i can't seem to find a good pair that has all the functions advertised. I was wondering what incompatibility causes this and if there are ways to create a fix for it. I know it's a pretty vague question, but any info would shed light. My concern is buying a headset that the manufacturer says is compatible (Jabra halo) but because I'm rooted with custom ROMs, etc etc if that will cause an incompatibility. Thanks in advance.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I first bought a pair of the Skullcandy full metal jacket earphones. I asked the bestbuy rep in charge of the cellphone section if the controls would work he said yes. None of the controls worked on that one. If i held the call button down the phone would give me feedback, much like when something force closes, but nothing actually happens. I returned them and bought a pair of jaybird earphones. This one said it should work with most android phones. The call button functioned, nothing else. This too gave me that feedback when i long press the call button. I currently have the plantronics backbeat 116, but this one only has the call function... it was $20 cheaper than jaybird so i just grabbed it. But i'm looking at jabra halo cuz it's BT and has the option for wired. I own a pair of rocketfish BT headset that i use for my playstation. With this pair i can at least change tracks but the volume rocker does nothing, plus they are not very comfortable to wear. The jabra website has a compatibility check and the fascinate checks out... i'm just not sure if it really means everything will work

jholmes1

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Bring it back?

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this? It has been driving me crazy for months that I have to take the phone out of my pocket and unlock it to control the music player. Has anyone had any luck with wired headsets that have music control functionality?

awoodnbmt

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had 2 different wireless headset work flawlessly.
the first was a S-10 HD Motorola($90) BT behind the neck stereo headphones
was able to answer calls and use my music player to skip songs fast fwd and etc
they do hurt your ears after 30 mins and I worked out in them and the sweat killed one side so back to best buy
Bought a great COMFORTABLE set Rocketfish? Mobile - RF-MAB2 High-Definition Stereo Bluetooth Headphones now these work flawless and are so comfortable as well as all functions work on my music player...pairs much better than the motto and are on $50.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta