Music Player showing wrong cover art

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having this problem?
attachment.php

My MP3s are tagged correctly (as far as I can tell), and if I play the same files on my PC I get the right cover art. They are all embedded in the files themselves, and I do not have any jpg files in there.

We all like Billy, but I don't like that he shows up in at least 9 of the albums I have loaded. I tried one suggestion to go to the Album view and open it from there, but these "bad Billy" albums don't show up in that view. You can only see them in the Songs or Artists views. Its possible something is wrong with the tags, but they look correct to me.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having this problem?
attachment.php

My MP3s are tagged correctly (as far as I can tell), and if I play the same files on my PC I get the right cover art. They are all embedded in the files themselves, and I do not have any jpg files in there.

We all like Billy, but I don't like that he shows up in at least 9 of the albums I have loaded. I tried one suggestion to go to the Album view and open it from there, but these "bad Billy" albums don't show up in that view. You can only see them in the Songs or Artists views. Its possible something is wrong with the tags, but they look correct to me.

You could always try another player and see if it's a problem with the files or the player. I seriously doubt the kernel/rom would mess with this in any sort of fashion.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ive had this problem too with the default player. no idea whats wrong either, but i also never bothered to ask.

i also tried using another player. doubletwist since they said it synced with itunes, but then it never loaded any of the song data (no names or artists or albums)

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
ive had this problem too with the default player. no idea whats wrong either, but i also never bothered to ask.

i also tried using another player. doubletwist since they said it synced with itunes, but then it never loaded any of the song data (no names or artists or albums)

I downloaded MixZing (just picked something that had good rating) and its showing the cover art correctly. It seems like a pretty serious bug to be in the stock music player this far down the road.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I figured out what it is doing, but it doesn't help solve the problem. If you have more than album with the same Album Title, it gives them all the same pic. That Billy Idol album is the first on in my collection with the title "Greatest Hits", so every other mp3 with album title of "Greatest Hits" shows that same cover art.

Like I was saying earlier, this is pretty bad for an OS that's had this many revs. This should be 1.0 problem for sure.

Ferit Francis

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
friends,
Finally i fixed it.
1, Connect you phone to your pc.
2, Go to the folder which contain your mp3 files.
3, Press Alt Key> Tools> Folder Option> View> check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".
4, You will see some hidden pic. Normally it will be the wrong album art you see in the music player. Delete all the hidden files from the folder except your mp3 files.
5, Go to your music player and check whether the problem fixed or not.
6, If the problem is not fixed, Again Go to your music folder & copy only your mp3 files> create a new folder> paste there> delete old folder.

----YOU DONE IT----

FourLegRon

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem in Shuttle on my Note 4. The cover art for some albums was not showing up.

The solution was very simple. For the artist, if you have the correct name in the metadata, Shuttle will tend to load the artist portrait on its own. So, the artist shows up when you are using the tab "Artists" to select the piece to play.

But, the real solution is the album cover. I tried putting a jpg image of the cover in the Album folder on the phone itself. The cover image did not show up when I used the "album" tag to view the contents.

Then, I changed the title of the .jpg file to "cover.jpg", kept it in the folder containing the music, and the cover image showed up in the "albums" category of Shuttle. I got the album image by googling the album name, and saving the album image as a jpg.

Just as a guide for some who may need it, I have a microSD card, so I put all my music and photos on the card. I simply created a folder called "Music" and under that, "Classical", "Jazz", "Easy Listening" and so forth. Under each folder, I put the artist folder, under the artist I put the album folder, and in the album folder, I put the .flac files and the cover.jpg image.

If you don't have a microSD card, you can create the "Music" folder in the phone memory. In fact, I think there is a "Music" folder by default.

By the way, the way the music files themselves are categorized in Shuttle are through the metadata. The folder location and title do not matter at all, except for the cover art.

Ali Khazayeni

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
OK the problem is if ur songs dont have any album title it will add something automate and than use one cover for all of them thats why i have problem with my singles

P.s i used mp3tag to add album name but there are singles ! so i added numbers , different number for apiece song and problem solved ! but google should make a better solution for this

Last edited:

JKSponge

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I think you hit it on the head. UNKNOWN album info puts up another album art pic by default.
In fact if you change the name of the album on multiple songs to the same name... like NONE, they'll all use the same pic

The solution is to give each ALBUM a unique name. Then it will use your choice of album art.
A real pain if you have hundreds with name as I do.

Last edited:

raviv bg

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Ok so you can have MP3Tag automatically change the albom name of each song.

use ctrl + A to select all. then click on the "Tag-Tag" button under convert (or hit alt + 5)
a new window will open. unter field select Album (it should be on the very top of the list)
then under format string type one of the following:

%title% --------- this will set the album name of each song to its title name
%_filename% ---------- this will set the album name of each song to its file name
$rand() ------------ this will assign a random number from 0 to 32767 as the album name (small chance of having it give more than one song the same number)
hit "OK"

profit

Wahyu Jeff

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone! :)

I have same problem, but I am already solved this. Just delete all files in directory /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs/ and re-open your music app

Good Luck!

Last edited:

333onlyhalfevil

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone! :)

I have same problem, but I am already solved this. Just delete all files in directory /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs/ and re-open your music app

Good Luck!

OMG! This actually worked!, thank you so freaking much, this has been bugging forever! Thanks again!

J in SD

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I've found an app that works very well well: "Album Art Grabber" written by Tim Clark. It will display your albums and their current artwork (or lack thereof.)

Click on an album that's missing artwork. A box titled "Choose Image From" pops up, giving you two resource choices to try: "Last FM" and "MusicBrainz."

Tap one of them -- it will search by the artist's name first. If it finds nothing, you can search by album name.

I've got some obscure albums on my phone, so there were a number of times the app found nothing. But there's a cool trick around that, though it's a bit labor-intensive.

The "Choose Image From" box actually has a third choice: "SD Card." So you can search Google Images for the CD cover art and saved the image to your phone's SD card. Back in the app, hit "SD Card." Your phone's Gallery will open. Just single-tap the image, and voila -- you're back in the app, and the image is assigned to your album. You can then delete the image in your Gallery.

Minor drawback: there were a couple times that images didn't show in the Music Player, but they did after a 2nd try. A few days later, and everything is still showing beautifully in my Music Player.

Last edited:

Shenawy22

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Same problem , it picked a very embarrasing photo and kept displaying it even though I deleted the original photo.
Download app called "Album art changer"
It will fix it

liciucosmin88

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
ok so you can have mp3tag automatically change the albom name of each song.

Use ctrl + a to select all. Then click on the "tag-tag" button under convert (or hit alt + 5)
a new window will open. Unter field select album (it should be on the very top of the list)
then under format string type one of the following:

%title% --------- this will set the album name of each song to its title name
%_filename% ---------- this will set the album name of each song to its file name
$rand() ------------ this will assign a random number from 0 to 32767 as the album name (small chance of having it give more than one song the same number)
hit "ok"

profit

god bless you !!!!!!