What Froyo build will we get? (Wait for it...)

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
If you believe the hype, and we're all suckers for it, Verizon is supposed to be releasing a Froyo build for our Fascinates early next week. My question is, what build will it actually be? Is it going to be the same EB01 that was leaked, or will it be something newer?

Anybody have any insight? Or any pure guesses? Who has a crystal ball...?

Reactions: Billvert

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you believe the hype, and we're all suckers for it, Verizon is supposed to be releasing a Froyo build for our Fascinates early next week. My question is, what build will it actually be? Is it going to be the same EB01 that was leaked, or will it be something newer?

I haven't heard word one about a release next week. Which rumor mill are you getting your info from? :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

i doubt it will be eb01. its buggy. adry has fixed many of the bugs, but some are still there. it will be something else. i personally will be waiting for adrynalyne to release a rom, vzw can keep thiers.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
double +1 on waiting for whatever Adrynalyne and the other devs put out, especially once they have the source code. vzw can keep their crudware to themselves.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Agree with Mike on this one...I doubt it'll be EB01, but I've been wrong before. Although EB01 was an improvement over DL30 in terms of bugs (which in itself wasn't too bad).

turion64

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Running debloated EB01 & Voodoo....sweet!

I couldn't wait for Verizon and/or Samsung to get their acts together so I flashed Cory's DL30 and used it for about 2 days (my Fascinate was dramatically improved but still had some hesitations), then I went to Adrynalyne's eb01modem and the debloated & deodexed EB01 and the phone was rippin' fast with no problems I could detect. This is the phone everyone hoped for: both a great internet device as well as being a great phone. Did the Voodoo conversion this morning and the phone is slightly faster, but not to the naked eye. It is smoother and scores higher on Quandrant. Tis is a sweet phone now!

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it comes down to where EB01 was actually leaked from. If it was Samsung (which I think we've heard that it was), then its likely that we will get something else when its released. Samsung could be doing daily builds for the Fascinate and the leak could have just been pulled out of source control at random.

If the leak came from Verizon, or somewhere in the path between Samsung and Verizon, then we probably will get EB01. Verizon only tests builds that are release candidates and they would have far fewer of them than Samsung has in-house. If EB01 was actually compiled on Feb. 01 (as the numbering scheme states), then the 20 or so days Verizon has to give it the thumbs up would be about right.

I'm voting for EB01 being the actual release from Verizon.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If EB01 was actually compiled on Feb. 01 (as the numbering scheme states), then the 20 or so days Verizon has to give it the thumbs up would be about right.

I'm voting for EB01 being the actual release from Verizon.

Keep in mind, Sprint's 2.2 release is EB13, and it is available on 2/21... So doesn't necessarily take three weeks for approval. Just a thought

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

My pure guess, it won't be EB01.

While I have found it pretty good, it does still have a few little glitches. They are minor, and I will let whatever is released get into the hands of those that can play with it for a while before I bother updating.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Its been posted on a few places, and its a footnote on an article from our own site:
http://admin.androidcentral.com/official-froyo-sprint-epic-4g-coming-feb-21-rumor

I wouldn't read too much into that footnote.

I flashed Cory's DL30 and used it for about 2 days (my Fascinate was dramatically improved but still had some hesitations), then I went to Adrynalyne's eb01modem and the debloated & deodexed EB01

I did author the how to flash DL30 thread, but in both cases, you were flashing Adrynalyne's work. In fact all the ROM's posted in this forum have come from him. I just want to make sure I'm not taking credit where credit it was not due ;)

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
EB01 seems to have a major issue with in-car bluetooth (head unit). It doesn't work!! So I hope they don't plan to release that junk.

For whatever reason any custom ROMs I've tried to install resut in MyBackup Pro being unable to identify the back up set on my memory card. No backup to restore = no way. So I've been forced to stick with "bloated" versions of the ROMs I've been playing with.

OUrobcat

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Like all of us, I made the decision to go with the Fascinate for what it could do and what was "soon" to be coming. I love my phone but I wish it was working at it's full capability. I am tired of waiting for Verizon/Samsung to get this too me.
Long story short, I am seriously considering manually updating it. It seems terrifyingly difficult to do though. I can handle the intricacies of PC's, car/home audio and video, etc. I am hesitant to try to tinker with my phone b/c I've never done it and I don't want to brick it either.
Honestly, how difficult is it to do? and where/what would you recommend I use to do it?
Any suggestion would be great! THANKS!!!!

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
EB01 seems to have a major issue with in-car bluetooth (head unit). It doesn't work!! So I hope they don't plan to release that junk.

For whatever reason any custom ROMs I've tried to install resut in MyBackup Pro being unable to identify the back up set on my memory card. No backup to restore = no way. So I've been forced to stick with "bloated" versions of the ROMs I've been playing with.

I don't have any issues using bluetooth with my HU... Calls, streaming, everything works :shrug:

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues using bluetooth with my HU... Calls, streaming, everything works :shrug:

Nor do I through my ford sync.

Like all of us, I made the decision to go with the Fascinate for what it could do and what was "soon" to be coming. I love my phone but I wish it was working at it's full capability. I am tired of waiting for Verizon/Samsung to get this too me.
Long story short, I am seriously considering manually updating it. It seems terrifyingly difficult to do though. I can handle the intricacies of PC's, car/home audio and video, etc. I am hesitant to try to tinker with my phone b/c I've never done it and I don't want to brick it either.
Honestly, how difficult is it to do? and where/what would you recommend I use to do it?

Incredibally easy to update to eb01 using the methods in the stickies. I think sometimes all of the steps involved makes it seem harder than it is. Once you have the drivers on your computer it shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes to go to a new rom. Of course if all your data is wiped, you would have to re-setup your phone (using a program like titanium backup can aid with reinstalling your apps, although I have read that it is better to just manually reinstall everything). Going from stock eclair to adrenalines froyo is a vast improvement. I would definitely suggest going for it, especially if you are frustrated with eclair. And obviously, if you have any problems, the great people at android central will help you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

cmbcabcd, or whatever his name is(sorry) has it right. super easy. there are great stickies that tell you hwo to do it step by step. or if you lazy, droidxcon has a really easy to flash an already rooted rom. you wont be sorry if you do root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463