MMS After EB01 Update

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I installed the EB01 leak and now I can not get my MMS messages. The phone does not switch over to Mobile Data to download the message. I can turn off wi-fi and get the message but don't know why it will not automatically change over to mobile data to download the message.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Mj, did you also flash the Radio that came with the EB01 leak? You can check this by going into your Settings > About Phone and looking at your baseband version. What does it say?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Okay so you're using the correct radio. The only reason I ask is because some people kept the DL09 radio and it's not compatible with EB01.

Just to clarify, you do have both Mobile Data enabled while you have WiFi enabled, correct?

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes both are turned on when I get a MMS message it says not able to download at this time will try again later. When I turn off Wi-Fi and just use mobile data I can receive or send pics. I believe I was having the same issue with the phone stock before the update just never knew the issue until know.

It isnt a big deal if cant fix just didnt know if I had done something wrong.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't recall this being an issue with other people on EB01. When I was using EB01 I never noticed this. Are you using the stock messaging program or something like Handcent?

Reactions: mjsavage

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Handscent but it does the same thing with the stock messenger. I was occasionally having this same issue with my phone stock I could receive but rarely could send out.

No big deal I at least now know how I can get it to work now.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Normally I'd say if it's a huge issue than you might want to try and re-flash EB01, but if it's not a big deal to you then I would say don't even bother, it wouldn't be worth the hassle, especially if it didn't work.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, sounds like something went wonky with the install. Haven't had any issues with mms on handcent on the bloated or debloated/deodexed versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac