04-20-2011 10:37 AM
493 1234 ...
tools
    Don't forget about US Cellular and the Mezmerize. They announced the Froyo release is coming soon, but no sign of it yet. Sound familiar?
    Forgot about those. I actually thought they already relased their froyo update.
    02-22-2011 05:23 PM
    Forgot about those. I actually thought they already relased their froyo update.
    Just checked the Mezmerize threads. They were told March, then told it got moved to early February. They still don't have it and apparently now US Cell sales reps and customer service don't have a clue when it may be released.
    02-22-2011 05:32 PM
    I think they have been setting a devious trap for we Fascinate owners. Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. They are going to use us as an example to the rest of the android community. This way when Comcast buys and merges Verizon, Samsung and Motorolla and locks the bootloaders "The Man" will have control of the market and truly "Rule The Airwaves". Conspiracy theory?... Ask a Nokia employee who who will find their paychecks being signed by Bill Gates next month.

No, I don't really believe any of this I am just another Sammy owner who was conveniently told by the guy at store that Froyo would be out right after my 30 day return expired. I'm just burnin time. It will get here when it gets here.
    02-22-2011 05:56 PM
    SO we're still...

Awesome haha.

Yeah my buddy with an Epic got the update...I was like oh wait I've had 2.2 for awhile now lol
    02-23-2011 12:09 AM
    SO we're still...

I'm totally saving this to my computer!
    02-23-2011 01:00 AM
    I'm totally saving this to my computer!
    LOL go for it... I was a theater geek in High School, and there is a play (that apparently was a movie too) called Waiting for Godot, (pronounced Ga-Doe) and darnit if that doesn't remind me of FROYO.
    spectre72 likes this.
    02-23-2011 07:32 AM
    Now I get the joke. I didn't get it the first time I saw this thread.
    It is like the "Free beer tomorrow" signs you see in a bar.

"Froyo tomorrow"

So we are always waiting for tomorrow........
    02-23-2011 09:58 AM
    Now I get the joke. I didn't get it the first time I saw this thread.
    It is like the "Free beer tomorrow" signs you see in a bar.

"Froyo tomorrow"

So we are always waiting for tomorrow........
    FROYO IS COMING...TOMORROW!

LOL love it
    02-23-2011 10:27 AM
    This isn't as clever as the previous one, but here goes:

02-23-2011 10:35 AM
    I nominate RMTPhotography for best artist in the category of "combining literary knowledge with computer graphics." My wife and I really enjoyed the result.
    RMThompson likes this.
    02-23-2011 10:46 AM
    Haha these are awesome. You guys are too much.
    02-23-2011 11:42 AM
    Haha these are awesome. You guys are too much.
    Thanks... now get it onto the frontpage. LOL
    02-23-2011 12:11 PM
    I got the FroYo update from Verizon. Just received a package with a little Fro attachment for my Fascinate.

It's FroYo
    02-23-2011 12:34 PM
    "Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. "

The above quote is all bull sh**? right? Not to sound like a real ***, but it could happen so that's why I am even asking. I'm at work and checking up on update info then came across this, OMG, that would really be a downer.
    02-23-2011 12:44 PM
    "Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. "

The above quote is all bull sh**? right? Not to sound like a real ***, but it could happen so that's why I am even asking. I'm at work and checking up on update info then came across this, OMG, that would really be a downer.
    Not if you install the Fro package

Its only been few days for me with Fascinate, I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm not exactly sure if I even care about Froyo to be honest.
    02-23-2011 12:49 PM
    Do you not all ready have the leaked version? If so, you still received the update? Did you lose root?
    02-23-2011 12:50 PM

Yes, its a joke that someone posted. There is no world where that makes any sense at all.

Verizon doesn't really care what you do with your phone as long as you are paying your monthly bill. Thats their revenue stream, their bread and butter, cash cow, etc. The only time they are going to give you any grief is if you become a 'support problem' by repeatedly screwing up your phone and asking them to fix/replace it.
    02-23-2011 12:50 PM
    Why would they spend time or money for any of that.the only thing they would spend money to truly prevent would be free tethering. using hacked phones is legal and irreverent to them .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    02-23-2011 12:51 PM
    LMAO... I all ready sent back two, one for image burn in, and the other because I thought I bricked it, but it wound up fine due to flashing ODIN/stock.
    02-23-2011 12:54 PM
    They accepted the bricked phone or you fixed it with odin
    LMAO... I all ready sent back two, one for image burn in, and the other because I thought I bricked it, but it wound up fine due to flashing ODIN/stock.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    02-23-2011 12:57 PM
    other than flash player what else does froyo have that 2.1 dont have????
    02-23-2011 01:03 PM
    I knew it was not true, but I can be a nub somtimes and figured I would ask anyway. lol, I laugh at myself all of the time, why should I be the only one, lol, yes I am making fun of myself... I know it was a stupid question! So come on... join in and laugh at me too, it's all good! hahaha
    02-23-2011 01:04 PM
    heres a link to my original post, but they were going to take it back bricked, lol verizon phone tecs are clueless. I posted on XDA for help...
    [Q] samsung fasinate - bricked my phone - verizon tecs clueless - xda-developers

I did get them to send me a new phone, which then would of been my third. I wound up fixing it via ODIN, and keeping that one then returning my first & third. The tecs said they thought that the phone slipped through the cracks. It was a certified new phone, which basicly meens it was tinkered with like we all do here. lol...
    02-23-2011 01:11 PM
    google...
    um... smother scrolling....new settings menu, which I do love...can't think I'm supposed to be working.... lol
    02-23-2011 01:17 PM
    So how did you get the update? Did they push it to you? text you? I am just wondering.
    02-23-2011 03:52 PM
493 1234 ...